Welcome to the Grogg's


I could not be any happier about how our weekend went! It was so fun! Friday was the first move in day! As you could see in the last post we were loving the whole "setting up" part. We still had lots to add though to the little apartment, I was so excited I didn't sleep Friday night lol Saturday morning came and we left my parents home early to deliver the second big load, which included our first couch! Thanks Jodi!! We were getting company that day so we made sure everything that could be set up, was set up!




While I went dress shopping with Cat and her fan club, Cain went with his dad to get his uniform fitted. Which I can't wait to see how it looks at Derrek and Cat's wedding! I love my man in uniform ;) Cat ended up finding her dress so after that I headed back to the apartment where Cain was with his Dad, Derrek and Isiah. Following me there was Toni, Christine, Ruthie and Alexis.

It was fun giving the small tour of the place! Hopefully by the next time they all see it again I will have been able to dress it up a little bit more and add some more art work! Aka pictures of us :p

Sunday we relaxed at my parents house until Cain had to go to work. While he was gone I packed up the last big load to go over to the apartment. This included some of his clothes, bathroom things, my TV, his PS3 and any household items my mom wasn't using! I also got together Cain's menu for the week! He won't go hungry that's for sure! He won't have to go get any "fast food" items. I will ALWAYS make sure he has fresh, healthy homemade meals there. Thanks to the Plan to Eat app I got from my Mom it makes it so much easier for me to plan things out! It makes up the grocery list for me! Side Note: Did that sound like a sells pitch? Did it work? Haha


Yet AGAIN I did not sleep Monday night. I was just SO EXCITED! I love the apartment and couldn't wait to go grocery shopping for MY kitchen for the first time! I was up at like 3:00am. We didn't need to leave until 8:00am. I'm a crazy person.


Monday was so amazing. Nova got to come with us this time. This was her first trip. I will slowly start bringing her more the closer I get to moving in come May. We want her to feel like she has two homes, one with Lorri (grandma) and us ... Her actual parents! We know she rather be with Lorri over us any day. This is no surprise to us or anyone who is around Nova with my mom.




We set up the TV and went shopping for food! Which was fun, but why is every Kroger set up different?! It took some time to find out where all the good stuff was!

Once we were back it was cooking time! Here is a list of food I prepared for Cain.

Breakfast:
Organic Bacon/Eggs
Homemade Cinnamon Nut Cereal > LINK

Lunch:
Vegetable Beef Soup
Cream Cheese Burritos using Ezekiel Tortilla and Organic cream cheese ( I will post recipe soon!)
P+J Sandwich using Ezekiel Bread and my homemade Peanut Butter > LINK

Dinner:
Grilled Chicken/Sweet Potato/Peas
Vegetable Beef Soup
Fruit Salad
Slopping Joe's (That my mom brought over)

Snacks:
Green Grapes
Peanut Butter
Strawberries
Carrots
Celery
Chips
Pecans




We will see how this goes and if he needs more/less of something then I can change it for the next week. And of course add new items! Might do a taco soup next week!


That reminds me. We have no bowls yet. It's funny the things I'm so used to having when in the kitchen that I didn't realize I would forget about when packing up things from my moms. Like a can opener. I go to open the can of tomatoes for the soup and stop and think "Oh crap" and say "Caaaaiiinnnn" hahaha laughing I go to him saying "I need help" He gladly got out his leatherman knife and started at the can. Rolling my eyes the whole time. It worked, for now. And knives, that's something else we need. We don't have kitchen knives we have plenty of leatherman knives that Cain carries with him. But slicing up Strawberries with a leatherman is a hideous site. Cain loved it. LOL



So while I was cooking Cain was doing some school work. He is the best! We were REALLY excited about Graci coming to the place so should could give it the "thumps up" Which she did! She liked all the closet space to play hide and go seek with Nova I think :)

Next my parents came over and brought us dinner! Healthy sloppy joes! Yay! I eat mine with a rice cake.... so good!

My dad and Cain hung a shelf and then we said our good nights to Cain, making sure he knew if he got lonely he would come back "Home" haha I'm happy that I have such amazing parents who are my best friends. It would be much harder leaving Cain and my little apartment if it weren't for the fact I am happy to still be at home with them. All in good time (Like once we are married) I will be more then happy to say the goodbyes to my parents and not Cain. And when that happens, I'll probably write about it and say how wonderful married life is :)

Until then, I'm going to get ready to go babysit! Hopefully I don't get stuck in the snow, I hear it's bad at there!!!

Lanette



No comments