Hippie in me

Something I forgot to write in the post about our goals for the new year is going completely natural with everything else in our life besides food. Hair care, skin care and cleaning products! I have a whole year so I'm not going to dive into everything at once, but slowly turn over to the other side... the natural pure side of living! Aka, a hippie.

I swear I won't go without a bra, but if I could I probably would!

So I already switched my shampoo, but haven't found something I love yet. I've used the baking soda for almost 5 months now. And am trying honey right now, but am not liking it as much. So that's something I will be working on the next couple of weeks.

The next thing is deodorant! I wasn't aware of the dangers in deodorant. They are linking it to breast cancer and prostate cancer in men! Why risk it when you can easily make your own, or buy a natural kind in either a health store or online.

I'm a cheapo so I'm going to make my own for Cain and I both! I haven't told Cain this yet, but he will find out soon lol he is normally always on board when it comes to being healthier and safer. So I think he will be game. And it will save us money in the long run also which I'm excited about!

Here is a video explaining some of the dangers and also a way of making your own!

VIDEO  <<<<

I am going to do this deodorant  from the Wellness Mama!

Here is the list of all the other things I will be going natural on this year.


Foundation
Blush
Lip balm
Eye linger
Eye shadow

Lotion
Makeup remover
Soap
Nail polish

All kitchen products
Bathroom products
Laundry detergent

Phew! That's a lot of stuff, but think that's a lot of toxins and chemicals that we are using on a daily basis! Here is a list of things you can do for a more natural home with cleaning and organizing, also from the Wellness Mama :)

Once Cain and I find a house we have some goals that we would like to try and stick with.

In our love nest there will be ...

No plastic
No smoking
No wheat (or very limited)

I want to live in a clean area and know what I'm breathing in and what's going into my body as much as I can while at home. Also for the future I want to know that when we have kids it's a clean environment! I hope to stick with these things or even add to it every new house we get. Which could be many due to the Army!

A goal of mine would be to leave a garden at every home we lived in. In hopes that the next family can have nice area for them to keep up the garden for there own use.

That's future talk about hey, I can dream can't I?!

Do you have any goals like these? Do some research on the chemicals we are intaking and the affects,  might want to change things up too!!

Lanette

 



No comments