Best friends for life

It's been very boring here the last couple of days without Cain around. I think he would say the same about being in the apartment alone lol at least I have my parents to entertain me a little! Tuesday night my dad got my plant ready to take over to the apartment. He has been working on these plants for some time now and it meant a lot to me that he would give me part of it.

January 21st

Wednesday we had a chance to see each other because Cain forgot some things he needed for school so Graci and I made the trip there while he was still in class.

We stopped by a little store I had saw the last time I was in Waynedale. It is called "A little bit of everything" And well the name suits the place. There was a little bit of everything and I was able to find some kitchen things for a great price! Dirt cheap actually!

Here are some of the things...


The mason jar! Only $3 ! 

Going to hang the "Welcome" sign one on the wreath Toni bought me awhile back!

While I cleaned the apartment a little (I say a little because honestly Cain had kept it pretty clean) I found Graci behind the couch with my American girl doll. I bought her over for one reason, so that Graci could have her to play with here at the apartment. 
  


My plant in the window!!! LOVE IT! Might paint the pot though, I'm not into to yellow!


I stole some forks and spoons from my mom! But she did give me this jar! So I'm not stealing everything from her! To Christine: Can we still have that silverware set??!

Luckily I've been busy working this week to keep me from breaking down and going to go see Cain everyday! We just really want to save our money when it comes to gas. Cain has his school to keep him busy also, but he does tell me he wishes I was there. But of course he does, I'm a load of fun ;)

I love my days with Graci (and nova) those two are the best of friends. Actually I didn't realize how much Nova meant to Graci until Wednesday night. You see, Nova spent the day with us while at the apartment. They played together all day (like normal) but this day lasted a little longer then normal. So before leaving the apartment Graci says "Nova should spend the night with me tonight!" Haha hoping she was joking I said "That would be interesting, you'll have to ask her dad though" Cain looks at me wondering if I really thought Nova should spend the night. Finally I said "We will have to ask your mom" Here I'm hoping she will forget about it by the time we get back to Jodi's.

Well she didn't. Once we pulled in the drive and I got her out she says "Come on Nova!" Haha "Ahhhh, let's keep her in the car... we still have to ask your mom" Now REALLY hoping Jodi can make something up that would keep Graci from wanting Nova to stay the night.

And that didn't work, haha she was persistent about Nova staying the night! Tears were flowing, a total breakdown! Jodi reminded her she was just a dog and once Graci was asleep Nova would be sad that her mom wasn't around. Still, Graci was heartbroken.

Those two are inseparable once together. It brings me back to the first day they met...

 May 2012


Graci got in her seat and Nova went over and sat on her lap, and started kissing her! Still a pup I wanted to make sure she wouldn't bite graci while kissing her! I told Gracie that she is the boss of Nova, you tell her "Stop" or "quit it" and smack her nose if she bites you!

From there, Gracie was the boss. She told Nova to sit, stay and seek! Their favorite game is hide and seek. Nova is quite good at it too ;) Miss Gracie has been so good with Nova and Nova to Gracie. Last week I had to leave in the morning for something and once I came back Nova ran outside to my car. She put her front paws on my back door and looked in through the window. Then run to the other side and did the same thing, looking in the back seat. She ran around my car a couple times, looked out in the back yard, ran to the summer kitchen (where the cat's stay) and looked there. We all watched knowing what she was doing. She was looking for her friend! She knows I leave in the mornings to get her, and this time I didn't bring her back. She came in looking at us like "Where is Graci!?"



Both so tiny here, brings back sweet memories. And look at that sun beating down! Missing Summer bad now! I love those two!

Today I am going to the grandparents! Wish Cain could come too. It reminds me of when he was at Basic this time last year. I would make trips over there alone. It's not a bad drive, just a lonely one without Cain.

Missing him lots! Thankfully he works tonight in Bluffton so I get to see him before he goes to Drill for the weekend!

Hope everyone is staying warm!

Lanette


No comments