normal turned scary

Last night was like most every other night. I crawled into bed and right away realized I hadn't taken a picture yet for the day! So I yell "Cain, Nova... someone come be my model!" 30 seconds later cain comes walking into my room holding his shirt up ...



Very funny baby. Haha we said our good nights and we went to his room and lights were out. 15 minutes later I heard a loud sound coming from down stairs. Lane had a couple girl friends over so I thought they were being reckless and being silly girls. Then a minute later I heard a horn honking. UGhhhh, those girls! Was my first thought. But then I heard my mom yelling "Nova" I jumped out of bed. I wasn't sure what was going on but I knew I needed to check it out.

When I made it down stairs Lane was coming inside from the back door, she told all of us that a car was in the woods and a man was out there.

I run up stairs to get Cain. He had headphones watching The Big Bang Theory on his laptop. "Cain there is a guy outside who crashed, we need you!" He was out within the next minute.

I went out right behind him. The man had flipped his car countless times and landed his truck in our woods upside down, we saw that his leg was trapped under the trucks door. He was talking and was worried about his dog, who we found running around the yard. We let him know that the pup was okay and that we had called 911.

It took the firetrucks 15 minutes to get here. And then another hour and a half to get him out from underneath the truck. By then the Samaritan helitcoper landed in our field ready to take him to
Parkview Hospital.
January 15th





We brought his dog (Henry) into the house so he wasn't out in the cold all night.

It was a short night for all of us, we weren't in bed until after 2:00am and were all up early for work/school.

Our prayers are with Blake Johnson and his family.

And I can't wait to get a good nights rest. Cain and me have a big day tomorrow.... turning in the down deposit for the apartment we found! Getting the key, and "moving in" or at least moving what little we have in!


Lanette





No comments