cooking and nailing in shelves

This weekend I was busy preparing Cain's next weeks meals. I also was going to babysit all day Saturday but due do the weather the parents didn't want to be gone all day/night so decided on just doing a dinner date. Which meant I got a dinner date with the kiddos! 

Saturday was also Cain's first drill day at his new unit. Here is a little story: (Who doesn't love a little story?) 

I haven't heard from Cain all day, which is normal. But come 4:00pm I received a text from him. He asked "when does St. Francis classes end for the summer?" I only knew because I had to check that before making a wedding date! I told him, then he said "Feeling out papers for Air Assault" My mouth dropped. I then giggled for 15 minutes. What a stud, first day there and he is already doing what he can to get the most out of his time there. 

Another 20 minute passes. I receive another text from Cain saying "AIR ASSAULT school Aug 20th-31th" Haha my month dropped, again. "Shut up!" I said, to the phone. Full out laughing now I replied with a lot of "Omg's" "Congrats" "You rock" I was SO EXCITED! This is something he has wanted to do before even joining the Military. 

So how did he get Air Assault dates the first day at his new unit? He told them what he wanted. So many Soldiers just show up, do their PT, fart around and leave. Not wanting to put effort in. Not Cain, that's not him when it comes to life or the Army. He has goals and dreams to get finished so he can move on to the next. I'm so extremely proud of him. 

So yes, you will be hearing more about that coming up! We aren't sure where it's at yet. I asked him that Saturday when he told me and his answer was "I was to excited I forgot to ask" Haha. Stop it Cain, you're to cute I can't handle it sometimes :p

Sunday I took the risks of driving in a winter storm to go see Cain and prepare his meals for the week. And the risk made off, I made it there safe with groceries in hand! 

First new thing for this week for him to try is the cereal I made him. I did that at my parents because I needed to soak the nuts over night. 

January 24th
I got the recipe from Against all Grains. I love her food! Here is the LINK and here is what the recipe called for. 


1/2 cup raw pecans

1/2 cup raw hazelnuts

1 cup raw almonds

1 cup raw walnuts

1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds

1 tablespoon golden flax seeds (omit for SCD)

2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted

1 tablespoon cinnamon

3/4 cup honey, melted

1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla

3/4 teaspoon sea salt (plus 1 teaspoon for soaking water)

1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened

1/2 cup raisins




The reason I thought Cain would like this one is because of the raisins. 



So back to Sunday, I boiled the chicken breast for his favorite CC Burritos. I normally boil two chicken breast to make 4-5 burritos but there were only 2 tortilla and he had plenty of other food options for the week so I down sized the recipe!

What you'll need though to make a bigger batch.
2-3 Chicken breast (Cooked and shredded)
2 blocks of Cream Cheese (Organic)
1/2-1 Cup Salsa (No added sugar)
4-6 Ezekiel Tortilla's
Cheese (Optional for topping)

(I choice not to eat grains but if you are to eat them make sure they are sprouted)

So boil the chicken and shred it.


Add the cream cheese.


Add salsa. 





 And the fun part, mix it all together with your hands! Now you may try and do this with a fork or spoon but it just doesn't work as well, and you're taking the fun out of it! This would be great for letting the kids help out!

Thanks Cain for helping me out by taking over as photographer. LOVE YOU!


Roll 'em up!


 You could now add shredded cheese to the tops and then bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 or until cheese is melted and you can't wait any longer! I freeze these for Cain so all he has to do is set it out that morning and bake them when he is ready!

Next up was lunch time, I made some Jalapeño burgers for us to eat!

I used:
 1Lb organic beef
3-4 T of jalapeno's
1/2 onion 


That made enough for us to both have two, and I froze two more for Cain.


That red saucy mess in the crock pot was the Taco soup cooking! And oh my, it was good! And so darn easy! I'd like to say I'm a great cook but honestly I do the easy part. Throwing everything in! The crock put is the true chef.

Avocado's are my favorite! I mash these up and put on a rice cake and... oh my. So good! That was just a side note! Haha.


Cain's little helper. This way he doesn't have to think "What's there to eat?"


 In between the cooking I wanted to add some more things to our lovely white walls. You might be thinking "Are you going to paint those very white walls?" That would require money. And we rather eat. Sooooooo.... white walls are staying for now! But we can add a whole lot of color with pictures! And of course the American Flag. Every house we will be in will be a hanging flag! It's so beautiful to me. It's perfect...


Along with his backside ;) WHAT?! You can't tell me you've never stopped to take a picture of your man's backside before?!



This shelf came from my parents. I was so happy! It's one of my favorites. We hung it high to make the walls look taller. I think it worked too! I'm not sure yet what I want to put on it... but, I've got time.

That was our weekend! A very exciting one! Next weekend is Super Bowl, can not wait!

Lanette

No comments