a few mis-haps

Today was "one of those days" you know where things just seem to go wrong for no reason! Well maybe there was some reasons, like the snow! We had big plans to go see two house today in fort-wayne so while we were out we thought we could take my car in to get looked at (The brakes went out last week) but the auto place couldn't get my car in until Tuesday. So my dad remembered a guy that was given a good name to be reasonably fair priced who was also trustworthy. So we headed there, me driving Cain's car and he in mine. Going slow (I swear) I still got slipped up on the ice and after a turn of events I ended up in a ditch. But good news, I had enough control to steer clear of the pole!

Cain, my EMT fiancé about had a heart attack running to my rescue, I throw my hands up saying "I'm okay I'm okay I'm okay!" He did his run through "did you hit your head?" "Are you hurt anywhere" "How many fingers am I holding up??!" "I'm fine!" I yelled lol "Just get me out of here!" I was very upset with myself, I was trying so hard to be safe and drive slow, but I lost control which is never fun.

With the help from a man in our church his car was out in no time. We kept our plans of taking my car to get fixed and after misleading direction from my dad we finally found the place!

Once we were home I curled up in bed and only have gotten out to eat and run to the bathroom.

You see my body is not very happy with me. On Tuesday night I ate wheat, and without my knowledge vegetable oil. It was in a sauce that I was sure was organic. Along with very little dairy, but still diary. These may be normal things for most but I haven't had any of these things in a long long time. Wheat more so then anything else but very little of it. Well my body rejected my lack of choice to it and is detoxing it's self! Yesterday was spent in the bathroom, and with extreme belly pain.

I joked, that most people try and drink green smoothies or juices to detox their bodies for the new year, all I had to do was eat a little junk food and it's doing it for me! I lost 6 pounds yesterday, that's one heck of a detox!

All jokes aside, I'm actually proud of my body. It notice something wrong, and knew it didn't belong in my body. If nothing had happened after eating those foods, honestly I probably would have been concerned. I'm getting used to the whole, natural, mostly raw foods on a daily basics that now anything is GMO or not natural is going to affect my body... but that's good! It means I'm on the right track to a amazing lifestyle of plant based foods I love. So, way to go body! Thanks for getting that junk out, next time I won't be putting it in!

I have been laying here in bed all comfy watching a little of Cain's game and also enjoying a documentary about the future of our food. It's crazy to learn about what really goes on concurring the FDA and something I'm trying to understand is Monsanto and the impact it has on our foods today. What we are eating isn't safe, they make a product and have their own people insure it's "safe" but they just want to make money so they send out products that AREN'T safe and people today are eating it! There is no third party involved insuring safety.

Think twice before eating your next store bought food, GMO's are no joking matter!

So for my 365 challenge I was to lazy to get out of bed and find something to take a picture of so I stayed in bed and got this picture!



Much love from here,
Lanette

No comments