Homemade personalized Christmas gift baggies

Christmas season is almost over for us! We just have one more gift to give to Christine (Cain's sister) And then I guess we have to move on from the holiday season. Boo hoo! :(

This year (like last and probably the next couple years) we didn't have a lot of money to spend on family. I know that you don't "have" to give family gifts because it's the holiday season and it's truly about spending time together. It's NOT about spending money you don't have. But I do believe in "It's the thought that counts" and that's why we always try and give from the heart. I will never just buy someone something just to give it to them on Christmas day. I will put thought and effort into what we give. Those are the best gifts to me, the ones thought of.

So this Christmas season I was craving hot coco, and I thought why not share some chocolate cocoa with the girls in the family. I knew I wasn't the only one who needed the warmth and rich flavor of a good cup of hot cocoa!


It was super easy to make! I bought...
Organic unsweetened cocoa (from the health store in my town)
Organic Cane sugar (online)
Chocolate chips!

And the jars where bought at Wal-Mart.


I mixed 2 cups of cocoa with 3 1/2 cups of Cane sugar.


Then topped with the chocolate chips! I had my mom taste test and she gave thumbs up! The labeling was easy, mostly because my mom did all the work! She used Microsoft word to design the label. 
I then wrapped it with the twine. 

Now, on to gift wrapping! I love christmas gift boxes and bags with the bows and ribbons! But unless you are well prepared and buy them after the Christmas season when they go on sale and use them for the next year. You're stuck with being creative if you want to save money. 

So I got creative. 


Aren't they cute?! And so easy to make (Again with "because my mom did the hard work")

So here is what you will need to make these Christmas baggies! 

Doggy bags (Wal-mart)
Twine (Wal-mart)
Tape (Wal-mart)
Hole punch (Wal-mart)
Printer
Microsoft Word


I found this < printable online. There are tons of other options out there but that's the one I liked the most! Download it and upload it to your Word and do a test run with just a piece of paper and see if you need to resize the font, also here is where you can add in a personal touch with adding the names!

Once you got the sizing right get your bag ready to go though the printer by taping the bag to the right spot on the paper. Now print! This might take a couple times to get it in the middle of the baggie. But don't give up!


Now put your gift inside and fold over the top of the bag down and punch two holes. And make a bow with the twine! And you're done! You are left with a super cute personalized gift bag that who ever you give it to, will love :)


No comments