Just "Peanut" Butter





Let's talk about Peanut Butter. Yes, peanut butter. Think creamy, smooth and a taste that you could eat anything with ... and just off the spoon!!

Well when I started learning more about "whole" and "natural" foods I was surprised at how many things I was eating that wasn't really natural. Have you ever looked at the labels on the things you eat?  It's scary at times. I would say don't look, because you wont like what you see. But I rather know what's going IN to my body so I went ahead and looked, and then learned about what I was eating.

So when thinking about peanut butter you would think "It's just peanuts, right?" well actually, no!


Here is the JIF peanut butter ingredients:
MADE FROM ROASTED PEANUTS AND SUGAR. CONTAINS 2 PERCENT OR LESS OF: MOLASSES, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL(SOYBEAN), FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS (RAPESEED AND SOYBEAN), MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES AND SALT.

 Molasess? Hydrogenated vegetable oil?? Mono and Diglycerides?? 

You don't know what those things are? Oh well let me help you out, they are bad! You got the peanut butter to eat peanuts! Not vegetable oil or added sugar! These things over time can affect your health. So next time you pick up any food product take a look at the back of the box or package and read that label! You might be surprised too. 

I loved peanut butter and wasn't about to give it up, so I went to a all natural brand until I could find me a food processor to make my own! 

But that was going to take some money. Money I didn't want to spend right away :/ I put out a jar and started saving! But before I could get $20 in the jar Cain found one at Goodwill! It's not new, or very pretty. But it works! 

And come to find out, homemade peanut butter is MUCH better then any others I've had before. Cain eats this way more then he probably should, not that I don't either ;) 



I load it with UNSALTED Roasted Peanuts ...


Let it processor for about 15 minutes and you will start seeing it get smooth. It's the neatest thing I swear! I was jumping up and down the first time I saw, haha.  


And then you're left with just "Peanut" butter :)




~Lanette



No comments