Monday calls for food.

Can this snow be done already?! Last night on my way home from Waynedale it started snowing really hard and fast! I laughed thinking "it's going to be snowing still in May I bet!" That would be really funny, right? Wrong! Ha I'd like it to be at least 50 out!

Yesterday was food haul day! And prep day for Cain's week! Nova spent the night at Cain's Sunday because I would be there Monday morning. When I got there Monday Nova greeted me with lots of kisses. Not that she doesn't love Cain, but hey... I'm her mom she misses me more ;)


I decided to make pancakes for breakfast! It was a new recipe using Flax meal




I also fried up some bacon for the my Mr.


As they were cooking I went to go get the Maple Syrup out because Cain just can't eat his pancakes without some kind of syrup!


But I couldn't find it, I swear I bought some the first day we went to the store to get food for the apartment. For the life of me I don't know what happened to it. So Cain braved the pancakes without syrup... and he liked it! Haha!

I made my grocery list out for the week and was off to food land. And there I made sure to pick up Cain's Maple Syrup!


Here is all the I got from Kroger's... 
Green grapes
Strawberries
Pineapple 
Celery 
Onion
Diced Tomato
Maple Syrup
Frank's Hot sauce
Olive Oil Potato Chips
Ground Turkey
Chicken Breast
And the Ezekiel tortillas were already out on the table thawing out.  They last longer if you freeze them and seeing how Cain only eats about two a week I have to let them thaw out every week!


So while I prepare the food, they play. And I stop and adore the sight :)






These two, melt my heart. 

So for lunch I decided on Buffalo Meat Loaf. Using ground turkey! 


Buffalo Meat Loaf:

1 lb Turkey
3 stalks of Celery 
1 Egg
Half of a small Onion
3 T Almond flour
3 T Franks hot sauce
1 t Garlic powder
1/2 t cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste!




 And it turned out great! Cain had peas on the side. Yuck. You'd think with all the veggies I eat that I would like peas too... but I don't! And NEVER have. It's the one veggie I can't bring myself to eating. I like avocados raw, I like spinach and kale... but can't do peas. 


 I made this calendar for our apartment over the weekend! It's a countdown to the Wedding! We have 100 days starting tomorrow! Wow, can't wait! Cain will get to mark each day off. But every Monday or any other day I'm there I get to do the marking off!


 I realized I didn't post these pictures from last week, but thought I would now..

Graci and I waiting in line at Walmart. Always so much fun.... not!





Not that you guys care. But I do sometimes take pictures of my food. I don't normally post them though because don't see the point. But I thought how I post Cain's food for the week, but never mine. And I didn't think that was fair :p So here is some stuff I enjoyed last week!

Here is a salad with chicken, cherry tomatoes, avocodo and pecans!


Here is a salad with one salmon patties whole and a half of one chopped on top. There is peppers, tomatoes and avocado mixed in!


This is a greet smoothie I had for a snack! But to be honest I can't remember what I put in it! I will do another this week and tell you!


Salad with tomatoes, 2 boiled eggs, strawberries and apple!


 Well that was fun! Hope you enjoy looking at my favorite things to eat!

 Ruthie sent me this picture of us from Saturday at Derrek and Cat's wedding! Thought I'd share!


This week is looking to be not so busy, I hope I can get a lot done!

And blog more!

Lanette



No comments