Wrestling meet weekend

Wow look at me, writing a blog post in the middle of the weekend! Most weekends I'm either working while Cain works or Cain is working and I'm busy! So here Cain is working and I'm home alone with Nova Blu.

Right now as I write there is some yummy homemade Mint Ice Cream in the making down stairs! I can hear my ice cream maker at work. Cain is going to be pretty happy to come home to that tonight!

Friday's have turned into a real full out laziness day! Fridays is my day off and Cain normally doesn't work Friday's until after 3:00pm. So we both sleep in as long as we can. That means I wake up at 7:30am... Cain at like 9:30 ;) Actually Cain is waking up a lot earlier these days. He brought his laptop into my room to do his FASTA info and then played a game of Mario :) As I lay there with him I am counting my blessings for so many things. Life is so wonderful, even through the hard times. I can't thank God enough for what he has done in my life.

Cain was a huge help Friday with cleaning up our rooms. Since Cain moved out his and my room have been the trash zone of all our things. With still moving things over to the apartment and me trying to get rid of the things we don't need there was just a reck of everything in one place! We were able to back up some more things to take to the apartment and then clean the rest up!

Nothing is better then a clean room!


This morning we headed over to Huntington for a Jr. High wrestling meet. It was Sam's birthday today also so it was a bonus to get to wish him Happy Birthday and see him wrestle!


Wrestling meets are long and always early on the weekends. So you get up early, drive far, then sit and wait for your kid to wrestle. Sometimes the match only last a minute! And then you sit and wait again (sometimes an hour or more) to see him wrestle again! These parents are such great support and true fans I tell ya! One day it will be us as the parents, cheering on our little boys probably downing coffee to stay awake!! But we honestly can't wait for that! Cain will be one of those dad's yelling at the referee and getting asked to leave the building. Just wait, it will happen and I will laugh. 



Cain is my rock! I am so lucky to have him in my life!

While at the meet Cain's younger cousin was telling us about the guy who cheated on her (If I see that kid he will get a talking to from both Cain and I, by the way!) and how big of a jerk in the end he was. I looked at her and said "Honestly, you won't find anyone like your cousin Cain, no one is as great as him" We laughed and she knew I was joking, not about Cain being the best but that she wouldn't find a guy! I do believe there are great guys out there, but I know also that they are becoming fewer and fewer. One who is loyal, loving, not quick to anger, an leader and hard worker! Those are becoming rare. I treature Cain and all that he stands for.

That wonderful guy I was just talking about got called into work early tonight so we had to leave the meet early. We got home and he was able to sit down for a minute before having to leave.

Nova came up and sat down next to him. She's spoiled


That left me home alone! So I am going to get some work done here around the house and like I said before I am making the ice cream now and then going to prepare my supper!


What's your Saturday evening like tonight? Tell me all about it :)
Lanette

No comments