Much needed date day

I want to take this moment to thank everyone who came out to our "His and Her" Party Sunday afternoon. It was such an amazing day that we enjoyed and are truly thankful for our family and friends support! I will be posting pictures soon! Just have not gotten to them yet.


Last Thursday Cain was officially on his Spring Break! I love relaxing around the house with Cain and Nova. We laugh and share so many cute moments with our pup. Like this one moment here...



"Rolling over laughing" when we were taking these pictures...


She's not just our pup, she is our daughter! We love and treat her like a our kid. 


And take every opportunity to make fun of her... LOL 



Hahaha... oh Nova. We love you.

Sunday was our party! We were so excited about the day and it turned out perfect! But I will post more about that soon!


So the last couple of weeks Cain and I have been planning a time for a "date day" It's been hard to get something planning because of Cain's school, both our work schedule and life gets busy. But I've heard and know how important it is to go on a date, a special one and one time with your loved one. No matter if you're dating, engaged or married! So knowing it was Cain's spring break week we thought Monday (yesterday) would be the best day to do it! 

This might not be normal for a date but we decided to donate Plasma! Cain had been wanting to do it for awhile and I am always up for something new! I decided a long time ago that I wouldn't be afraid of blood or needles because I am marrying a Medic and if he was going to be talking about it, showing me gross pictures or wanting a ginny pig that I would be there for that! 

It was really easy to get signed up and we got lucky enough to sit next to each other!    


And it didn't hurt at all! It was a neat thing actually and come to find out I'm a "Blood pumping machine" As Cain called it! 


Next we headed over to Fresh Market! I love it in there because of their Flowers and Chocolate! And fresh fruit! This might sound odd but we just picked up each a drink, a treat and some fruit for a light lunch!

This chocolate is amazing...


Cain loves their chocolate covered peanuts!


Melons!!!!! Love love love. It's funny that a year ago today I would have went into a grocery store and picked out chips, candy, soda and a unhealthy choice in chocolate. But today something as simple as a cup of Melons to me is so exciting and it's more enjoyed then any candy I have ever had!


I had drove passed a Antique store last week when going grocery shopping that I wanted to find again, I actually was able to find it on my own without a map! I'm getting used to Fort Wayne a little bit more now!

We spent an hour inside having a blast looking at all the neat items! It was nice to just take our time doing something. Not "Hey we only have 20 minutes so lets hurry!" type thing. That's the special thing about a date day, you do what you want together and take your time doing it!


I also wanted to go inside a health food store that I had also saw last week. It was little but I was able to find somethings I have been wanting to try! The Hemp Seed is to put into my smoothies for protein! The Goji Berries are for treats and the body wash Cain asked if he could try! I will be back in there again, soon!! I love trying out new things!


We went to Target and Walmart just to look around and make a list of things we would be needing to get here soon. Chairs and a mattress are our two big things that we HAVE to HAVE before May!

So my mom found this restaurant for me! It's called "Loving Cafe" and it's a Vegan restaurant with Raw options (My favorite) Cain is so awesome and hasn't complained once when wanting to try a healthier food choice.  I don't know what I would do if he was picky about stuff like that. It would be very discouraging I think. But he isn't and I'm so thankful.



We both got Tea! It was really good.


Here is Cain's!


Here is mine! That's a ginger sauce with the Raw "Sushi" plate with Kale chips!


Also my meal came with a smoothie!


 Come on, tell me that isn't cool! And it was SOOOO Good!!!


Oh, it's date night so therefore Raw Cheese cake it is!


I will be coming back!

I opened up the plates Jodi and June got me from the party! Aren't they perfect? Gosh I love it! I was so happy I cried, yes I cried over plates! 


We finished our date night with watching TV and talking :) It was a perfect day and I can't wait to do it again!! 

Today we both got to hang out with Graci! Cain worked at 2:00pm so after I dropped miss trouble maker off (Graci) I went home to take a run/walk. It was a beautiful day out! And I wasn't about to spend it inside!! I started out with a 2 mile run that felt amazing! Up until the last stretch and then I realized I still need to work on being a better runner! No I'm not going to cut my self short, actually I am a very good runner... a lot better one then this time last year. Last year I could barely run an mile. Not because of my weight or lack of ability but because of my doubt in myself. Mentally I couldn't run a mile, I would give up before even starting. I would stop because I would think "You can't do this" Well I could I was just was lazy! I now can run longer and faster then I ever felt possible. So when my legs get tired and my brain starts complaining I think "You can do this" "You are doing this" "Don't stop, finish the run it's worth it" those are my thoughts... along with "Omg I can't wait for this to be over!" 

What I really was looking forward to was the walk after the run. I walked everyday last summer on our back roads. I listen to music or a audio book and I zone out. I forget I'm even walking. It is by far my favorite hobby to do by myself. Not that I wouldn't love the company, actually I would. But it is something I can do by myself and not feel lonely. 

The last mile of walking I received a phone call from my closest, dearest friend. For those who know who Betsy is, know how important she is to me. Her friendship means the world to me. She loves me, for me. She has laughed with me, cried with me and has never stopped fighting for our friendship to stay strong through anything and everything. We live states apart and don't have Facebook to kept in touch. We are doing it old school with phone calls and email. She is the type of friend that we could go months without talking and when we finally do talk it seems just like just yesterday we were together. 

We both have amazing men in our lives and both try to be the best we can be for not just our men, but for ourselves. We seek to always keep growing as individuals and I feel like we both challenge each other to do so. Betsy is my maid of honor by the way, the best I could ask for.  


Once I was home I shared with my dad the roads I walked, he added them up and I walked a total of 10 miles. How did I do that? All I know is I have a feeling my legs are going to hurt tomorrow!

Which means I will have time to sit and write a post about our party hopefully!!!

Thanks for listening. 

Lanette

No comments