Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (with secret ingredient!)


My soon to be hubby happens to be a huge fan of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. You too? So am I!  Ice Cream is one of those things that make the world go round, would you agree? It's good any time of the year, it comes in a ton of flavors and even had a truck named after it! 

But let's say you want to better your health and eat "Real" food but don't wanna give up Ice Cream. You've come to the right place! Eating healthy doesn't have to mean eating green beans for every meal or downing a cup of kale juice! It means making the best choices you can make everyday to better your health. If that's eating an apple besides a bag of chips or sipping on water instead of pop. I'm proud of you. At least you're trying! 

Now let's say you already are eating right, but your kids just won't have that spinach salad for supper. Make them some Ice Cream, yup you heard me! Ice Cream!

WAIT! Hold up now... Drop the Edy's Ice cream and put your hands in the air where I can see them!

Phew! That was a close one! I wasn't talking about THAT Ice Cream. Silly you!

This brings you to "I knew there was a catch" , didn't it?  The Ice Cream in stores today are loaded with unhealthy ingredtients some that do damage to your body! Here is what the back of a Edy's Ice Cream looks like... 



So sure SKIM MILK: not going to kill you

CREAM: (Even though isn't organic) not going to kill you. 

SUGAR: Dr. David Reuben says "White refined sugar-is not a food. It is pure chemical extracted from plant sources, purer in fact than cocaine, which is resembles in many ways. It's true name is sucrose and its chemical formula is C12H22O11. It has 12 carbon atoms, chemical formula for cocaine is C17H21NO4. Surgar's formula again is C12H22O11. For all practical purposes, the difference is that sugar is missing the "N", or nitrogen atom"

What's he saying? Sugar is like cocaine. 

WATCH! (After you read post)

FRACTIONATED PALM KERNEL OIL: Processed crap!

SOY LECITHIN: That's a no go! 

NATURAL FLAVOR: Beaver BUTT. 

CORN SYRUP: Causes OBESITY, DIABETES, TOOTH INFECTIONS and DECAY! Increases risk of HEART ATTACK and HEART DISEASE. MOOD swings. AND SO MUCH MORE!

YELLOW 5: Hyperactivity in children, sign of ADHD

BLUE 1: It is suspected to cause cancer, and has also been linked to learning and behavioral problems. AND is banned in most European countries (But it's find to use in America because why??)

If that doesn't make you want to never eat that kind of ice cream again, I don't know what will!

So let's go back to the healthy part in all this! Here is the recipe for the Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (With a secret ingredient!)


1 can of Full Fat Coconut Milk
1/3 cup Organic sugar OR 1 Banana OR Honey
1/3 Enjoy Life Chocolate chips
2 teaspoon Peppermint extract 
hand full of SPINACH

Yes spinach!



Put all ingredients in a blender (beside chocolate chips), blend until smooth... 




Once smooth pour the mixture into the Ice Cream maker (Thanks mom for mine!)

Add chocolate chips.


Eat any chocolate chips that fall out .... 


Now wait 20 minutes, and come back to THIS! This is the real green too! 


I know what you're thinking "Gross, it probably tastes like spinach" Well I can tell you NO it doesn't! But I know how I am with things, I won't believe you until I try it. So, try it. Let your kids try it first! See what they say, swear to you... you can't taste the spinach. 



 I freeze the ice cream in these glass containers for when Cain is ready for some yummy treat at night, or afternoon... or whenever he decides. Because unlike the Edy's Ice Cream that has damaging affects on you. This one is more like a bonus on your body that you can enjoy eating without guilt.



COCONUT: Is a healthy fat, signs have shown to help you lose weight. Improves heart health. Rich in antioxidants, which prevents the development of many diseases, including cancer, cardiovascular disease, alzheimer's disease and age-related dementia.

CANE SUGAR: Hear me out, sugar is sugar. I prefer using the Banana or Honey but this won't kill you to eat in moderation. Treat's are meant to be enjoyed, but choose your sweetener wisely and beware of the side effects of sugar.... it can be addicitve. Unrefined cane sugar contains 17 amino acids, 11 minerals, and 6 vitamins, including antioxidants that may help reverse oxidative damage.

ENJOY LIFE CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Gluten-Free, Dairy-free, Peanut-Free, Tree-nut free, Soy Free, Egg free and Casein-free.

SPINACH: Loaded with Vitamins: A, K, D and E. Source of Omega 2 fatty Acids (Good for you!) Anti-Cancer and anti-Inflammatory Antioxidants! Helps give you healthy bones! One of the best sources of dietary potassium. Great source of Iron. Helps with your hair and skin health! And SO MUCH MORE!



I'm bashing Edy's Ice Cream, not you. When I write about the side effects of the processed food in America I'm not calling you out saying "How dare you eat that!" I've ate that. But once I knew what was in it, I did stop. I'm trying to better myself, and learning these things for the benefits of our future children. They will make mistakes just like Cain and I did and do! But I'm not going to stand by and not teach them the benefits of healthy foods and the side effects of processed foods.

Be aware. Be smart. Be healthy.

:)

Lanette



No comments