What motivates me

Since the snow is still on the roads and it's so very cold I haven't been able to take another walk outside since that one day a week ago where it was actually half way descent (It was like 39 degrees!) That leaves me running the treadmill, which can be a nightmare at times. 

I love having the treadmill here at my house, just right outside my door but I long for the fresh air and hard ground. But I do love the feeling after a good run, so I run even on the treadmill. But to make sure I stick with it, every week for the past couple weeks I've been rewarding myself with something little for every mile more I run a week. 

This week I am rewarding myself with this book!


I can't tell you how excited I am about it! I've heard great things about it from the blogs I follow. 

Next week I'm upping my miles and going to rewarded myself with a new workout shirt that says something about being a future Mrs. Grogg or "Workin it for the dress" I'm not sure yet. But I have already decided seeing how it's Cain's Drill weekend I will also treat myself to some healthy cookie dough! Maybe I will post the recipe on here so you guys can kind of enjoy the treat with me ;) Because we all know us Military spouses needs some comfort foods once in awhile!

But what I'm REALLY looking forward too is in 2 weeks we are planning a trip to Indianapolis! Why am I so excited about going to Indy? Well first of all.... We will be going to Trader Joe's! Because we don't have one in Fort-Wayne it's a special trip to go. I love that all Trader Joe products are GMO free and most all organic. It's like a play ground of food for me! 

But then... hehe, so excited... we are going back to the restaurant we went to the night we got engaged! It's called "So Bro Cafe" And it's AMAZING! There are ton of vegetarian, vegan and meat options that are healthy, whole foods. I will probably most likely get what I got last time, their Super food salad! It's heavily. Cain already knows it's the Bison burger again for him. This trip there though my parents are coming along so that they can get in on the wonderful food and my mom is also just as excited as I am for the Trader Joe's shopping day!

Sometime in the next month I will also like to get this book... 


I've followed this girls blog for quite sometime now and when I saw she was writing a book I knew it was a must! I am actually planning on making a cheesecake out of the book for our wedding day! Something I can enjoy :) 

Miles seem like nothing when I treat myself. I won't do this forever, because that would get to be a lot of gifts for myself. But this is until I can get my feet on real ground and not need the extra motivation. Hey believe me, it's not easy sometimes to be motivated to run... I am human and fail a lot of the time. But I NEVER will give up the healthy lifestyle I love so much. I don't run to lose weight like I once did, I run to be active, to keep my bones healthy, to get my heart pumping! Even just walking is a wonderful exercise we should all do daily for our health.

Be aware. Be smart. Be healthy!

Lanette

No comments