Food of the week 3/10

 Well so far I have been able to keep myself busy this weekend! I went to Sam's wrestling meet this morning and wasn't home until 2pm! Which left me just enough time to get everything I wanted to get done before I start a girl movie tonight before bed! Every month I try and find a movie to watch that saves Cain from boredom of a chick flick! "Endless Love" is what I decided on this month. I will be sure to get that started here soon but first thought I'd share my week of food goodies!! I had a conversation with our Aunt Trish this morning at the meet about what I do and do not eat. I think it may seem that I have more on the list of "don't eat" then "will eats". But I really don't think that's true. I have a hard time decided on what to eat everyday because there are so many choices I can't decide! 

When you open yourself up to real food (no boxed stuff) there is a endless simply of food to eat. It just takes some getting used too I think!

Back tracking to last week here is one breakfast that Cain and I both had. Eggs and fruit. I top my eggs with hot sauce Cain goes for the strawberry jam! 



One day last week I was babysitting around lunch time. I knew I had to think ahead and plan something to take with me and I dreamed up this! What is it? Let me tell you! Chia seeds when put in water or milk get thick and make a "Pudding" after a about a hour or two. So I did the Chia seeds, homemade apple butter layered with apples, strawberries, raspberry, blue berries and pumpkin seeds! 

It was an amazing and helped get me through the day with energy! 



Last Saturday I packed fruit for Sam's wrestling meet. Along with a bag of nuts. Those mornings are long and junk food smells so darn good sometimes even though I will never eat it again! I pack food whenever I know I will be gone for more then a couple hours because if I get hungry I want to give my body what it needs and that's not junk food!



This salad is by far the best I have ever had! I'm thinking about doing a post about the recipe!



Last Sunday was our pre wedding party! After the party we had Scott, Ruthie and the kids over for supper. Knowing that the wedding is going to be at my parents house we wanted to make sure that they knew where the house was and get to see the place! My mom and I made tacos before the party so that everything would be ready. I also made this chocolate chip cookie cake! The same one I made for Cain's birthday last year.

And again it was so good! We ate it with my coconut ice cream! I decided not to tell them it was made with spinach so I left that part out when serving the ice cream... but once I heard a "Oh wow this is really good, did you make this?" from Scott I let Cain tell him what was it in! See you can't even taste the healthy stuff!


Last Monday was the first time I have ever given Plasma and I was nervous! Not because of the needle part but because I was afraid my Iron would be to low. Three years ago I tried giving blood when the Colt's came to town to get a free pair of Colts flip flops, I was so ready to "Bleed Blue" But they told me I couldn't because my Iron was to low. I hear that's common in girls but I was disappointed even though they still have me those Colt's flip flops!

I ate as much as I could the day before and the morning off. I thought a perfect nutrition boost would be this super food smoothie bowl!

It had a bunch of super foods in it and there was so much there I couldn't even eat it all! Good news, I was great on Iron and everything else seems great too! I'd hope with the way I eat I won't have to worry about not getting enough of the right nutrition in my diet!
 

Looky there, another green smoothie! This one in a cup topped with Goji berries!


Yesterday I took Lane out for a shopping day. I've done this with her every year for as long as I could drive a car I think. Instead of buying her a gift I take her shopping and buy what she finds. This year I was really excited about it because I got to take her to the restaurant I found that serves organic food! I don't eat Soy but Lane does so I thought this would be great for the both of us. Here is my plate! Avocado covered in walnuts, Kale Chips and a salad! And that ginger sauce is really good!


My eggs this morning...


okay, now it's ready to be eaten! ... HOT SAUCE!


So tonight I wanted to try something new! I've seen these spring rolls on one of my favorite blogs I follow the other day and wanted to try it! But I did the red cabbage instead of a rice wrap. But on the plate there is Cucumber, red pepper, carrots, kale and avocado! 


I wrapped it in the cabbage like this... 


And also made a dipping sauce! It's Almond butter, ginger, lime juice and water!



So stinking good! It's going to get me through my third mile of the day! That's up right after I post this and then it's movie time!!!! 

Be aware. Be smart. Be healthy 

Lanette


No comments