What I ate this week

As I sit here snacking on a orange I thought what better time to write a post of the foods I ate this week! As spring is slowly coming I'm slowly getting back into a smoothie groove and more veggies! Not that I didn't eat enough this winter but meat did see me through this winter and I am now slowly winging off of the meat and back into more veggies and fruit!


I had these few goodies above that sounded oh so wonderful.... here is what I did with them!


 One night last week I had just finished a run and was so happy to see my mom cooked one of the sweet potato's from my grandpa's garden! With green beans (one of my favorites!)


Every morning (or at least every morning that I can) I have water with lemon! It is such a great way to wake up your insides and get things moving along! I'm pretty much an eggs for breakfast girl. I sometimes will get up, make a smoothie, take a run then make my eggs!


I love green beans what can I say!?


This might not look so great, but it tasted amazing! If I'm not starving by the time I am making my breakfast I always make them with some onions! Here I just cracked my eggs on top of the onions in the pan... I was trying for something that looked a bit more, well... appetizing! Maybe next time!


I was SO EXCITED to get to try a new Superfood! Spirulina is a planted base powder that has protein in it... which is great for when I am not eating as much meat! It will go in my smoothies!


Here I packed a green smoothie to go with me to babysit...


Oh and look at that there, me drinking it! 


Back on breakfast goodies! So you know now I love eggs for the morning meal, along with onions. Well I was craving a carrot one morning and I got so excited about this meal I was doing a little dance! Okay so I chopped up the onions and let them fry on the pan for 5 minutes, then added the already sliced carrots and let those sit on the pan for another 5 minutes... I pushed both aside to crack my eggs! Once ready I flipped them and let sit for another 30 seconds or so....


So here my eggs are laying on a bed of onion and carrots! 


WAIT! It's not complete without the hot sauce!


Tuesday night we had our ladies bible study at the church. Every week now I've been bringing in some treats for the ladies and then talking about the benefits of the food I bring in. Berries were the topic this week and they were a hit! I love black berries! What a treat :)


This is one Kiwi, hand full of black berries, one apple and 1 1/2 Tablespoon the almond butter!!! 


It's amazing to me how these foods fill me up so easy! I love eating natural foods, I will never go back to what I used to eat. Boxed, fast food, or frozen meals that lack in value and do damage to the body!

So I love posting on here the things I eat through out the week, to just give people ideas for maybe something they would like to try! I know sometimes I see some recipes on the blogs I follow and think "Wow I would have never thought to eat that, with that... but wow that looks good!" So that's why I am doing this.

I also thought I would take this time to post something that I don't eat. I wasn't sure what I would put this week until I watched an episode of Doc Oz the other day and I knew what I would write.

So this item I haven't ate in maybe an year now. And when I heard this reasoning of why people shouldn't eat it either I knew I had to post about it!

Any guesses??....



You guys know that guy, Mr. Potato head! Well I really hope you wouldn't eat him due to the fact he is made of plastic! What I was actually talking about was Potato the Vegetable! 



You heard me, a Vegetable! You'd think I would never down on something that is seemly "Natural" right? Well here are some facts that I have read.

Yes Potato's are from the ground, and should be all natural but what they are doing to this Non-organic Potato is gross! 

Pediatrician Alan Greene thinks that conventionally-grown potatoes are responsible for the loss of 16,000,000 IQ points in kids. Due to the pesticides!!!!!! Greene also said "That pesticides correlate with ADHD and developmental delays

They found that Non-Organic potatoes have 10 times the pesticides of an Organic Potato!

So buy Organic Potatoes, unless you want those Pesticides around!

I'd also like to say that Potato's need to be eaten in moderation! (Something you will hear me say a lot about keeping a healthy balance when eating foods, everything in moderation!) 

You see Potatoes along with beets and carrots are grown underground which means that they are sugar-loaded carbohydrates! They hold on to those sugars when under ground and what I've learned this past year is that Carbs turn into sugar once they inter the blood stream! 

Dr. Perlmutter the Author of "Grain Brain" explains that we have the power to prevent Alzheimer's diabetes, memory loss and dementia if we avoid ... Grains, Gluten and those Vegetables grown underground. Due to the carbs/sugar they hold.

I'm not great at explaining things so I would differently say read his book! 



You will never hear me say I have a perfect diet, but I do try my best to be aware of the facts around me. If you hear something on tv, go look it up and learn about it. It might not be for you, but at least you are aware of what's going on around you and it could help change your life. 

I know that I never stop learning and never plan too. I make the best choices I can make on a day to day basic. I make mistakes. But I also am doing my best so I won't get down on myself. The more I know the more I want to just continue to better myself. 

Be aware. Be smart. Be Healthy

Lanette







No comments