Gluten Free Breaded Chicken Breast!

This weekend while planning out Cain's menu for the week he happened to be sitting right next to me. Seeing what I was doing he said "You should make those chicken fingers again, I loved them" Smiling, loving the fact that so far everything I've made him he has loved I said "Of course babe" And seeing how I had not tried them yet it was the perfect meal to plan for when I would be there Sunday night! Before leaving the house I went ahead and used my mom's spices for the breading! Shhh! She'll never know ;)

Here is the "EASY Gluten Free Breading" mix!

1 cup Almond Meal
1 tbsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Back Pepper

You'll also need:
1 lb Organic Chicken Breast
2 Eggs light beaten
Olive Oil for cookie sheet


I doubled the breading mix so that Cain could have it ready for the next time he wanted to make the chicken fingers!


It's so easy to put together.


Cut the chicken breast into strips ....


What I did was pour the breading mix on a plate, dipped the chicken strips into the eggs and then laid the strips of chicken on the plate with the breading, covered put sides and put them straight on the cookie sheet. Don't forget to put a little olive oil down first so that the breading does not stick to the pan! This took about 5 minutes and it was ready for the oven!

I baked them for about 20 minutes give or take. 




And there you have it! Gluten Free chicken fingers! Now yes I had to put all the spices together, beat my eggs, cut my chicken and cover them with the breading myself... and yes buying pre breaded chicken fingers would be a little easier but here is way I will NEVER do that.

Tyson. Good old Tyson. Have you guys ever watched Food, Inc. ? It's a must watch. One thing you need to know about the Tyson Chicken is that they inject their chickens with antibiotics before they hatch to help speed up the process to make them grow bigger, faster. It's not natural in anyway. I believe God designed our animals a certain way for a good reason. And not just Tyson but a lot of factories are doing this... Not because it's better for Americans but because it brings in more money! 

They know what they are putting on the shelves is not good for your health. But that hasn't stopped them from doing what they do. So think about what you are putting in your body the next time you go buy any kind of meat. When choosing Chicken though go for the Antibiotic-Free Organic Chicken. 




Now, the breading.

WHEAT: Many know now I don't eat wheat anymore. It's not just the gluten in wheat that I don't eat. Once I knew that the wheat we eat today is not the wheat that you hear about in the bible. I knew it wasn't for me anymore. I do think though if it's spouted, like the Ezekiel bread I buy Cain that it's a better choice. But I do think it should be in moderation. 

BROWN SUGAR: Just like regular Sugar this stuff is so additive and so very bad on your health. 

VEGETABLE OIL: This oil are manufactured in a factory, usually from genetically modified crops that have been heavily treated with pesticides. It contains harmful chemicals, that have been linked to Liver/kidney damage, immune problems, infertility or sterility, high cholesterol, and behavioral problems in children! It's extremely damaging to the reproductive system and the developing bodies of unborn babies. 

Wanna eat Vegetable oil again? 

When I hear about these chemical infested food protects it makes me sick. I was eating this stuff and not even knowing it! That's why I now look at the back of EVERYTHING I buy. Even if I know I won't eat it, I won't get it for Cain... and for sure not our children. 

Why take the chance of these side effects when you can just eat real, whole, natural foods.

The reasoning I used Almond Meal in the breading mix is because Almonds are high in monounsaturated fats, which have been associated with reducing the rick of heart disease. It lowers cholesterol and almonds ability to reduce heart disease rick may also be partly due to the antioxidant action of the vitamin E found in Almonds. 

I try and use coconut flour more then almond flour when baking, but I will explain that in another post :)



And I swear, it's some good stuff. 


 Be aware. Be smart. Be healthy.

Always with love,
Lanette

No comments