Weekend and SuperBowl

Where do I begin?

Let's see. Last Thurday Gracie helped me make my very first toothpaste! It turned out... well... let's just say it turned out. It's not horrible. Just not, what I'm used too. I will for sure use it until it runs out but might make some changes for the next time!


Friday I got a surprise! By none other then Cain! His classes got changed so instead of going to class, work then coming home he came straight to the house and we spent the whole morning/afternoon together! He left for work around 4 and didn't get home until 9:30 that night. Nova was waiting for him as you can see....


Saturday turned into a snow day! I was going to go to Cat's bridal shower but because of the ice/rain/snow mixture Cain thought it best I stay home and not risk it. We enjoyed the afternoon together until Cain went to work!

Sunday was a blast! Due to the weather church was canceled (that's not why it was a blast though, of course!) It was because my mom and I had some AWESOME food to make and we were all excited about the football game (that was extremely a disappointment)




Aren't they so cute!? I just love looking through my camera's lens at them. I then put the camera down and enjoy the moment. Nova brings so much fun into our house. She is a spoiled brat thanks to my mom! But is very obedient thanks to her parents, us!


Around 3:00 we started the prep work for the sweet and sour meat balls/wings/cookies when we heard someone... something pull into the drive. We all went to the door to see our egg provider in the drive way, on his snowmobile. In no way did we think we would be getting our eggs that day. With 7 inches of snow we thought we would be without eggs for the week. But nope! Glen did not let us down! 


 This might be a first, eggs delivered by a snowmobile. Unless you live in Alaska maybe!

His son told Cain he could take a ride. Within 30 seconds Cain had his boots, jeans, jacket and gloves on! He was pumped. 



a couple tips...

And he was off!



Nova wasn't quite sure what to think, so she stayed back beside my mom.

After that excitement went down it was back to cooking! I was going to make everyones favorite Chocolate Chip cookies!

Here's what you'll need:
1 cups Almond Meal
1/4 t. Sea Salt
1/8 t. Baking Soda
1/4 t. Cinnamon
3 T. Coconut Oil
2 T. Honey
11/2 t. Vanilla
4 T. Chocolate chips

We love our cinnamon!

As you can see we use these chocolate chips. You have to watch out for chocolates because most have soy in them and that's not good! Also dairy, which I don't eat. But if you do just make sure that they chocolate it at least 75% real cocoa.


We just love our coconut oil! It's used in our house for about everything!!


Mix everything together....


And you get this magical thing we call "Cookie dough" And oh how I love it!


It takes 10 minutes to bake and they are the best! It's so hard to eat just one, so we eat like 4 or 5.

So back to those sweet and sour meat balls! We got the recipe from Against all Grains! Everything we have tried of her's is amazing. Go check her website out HERE! <

And for those chocolate chip cookies I got them from HERE! <


Now the boys had to find the perfect sauce for their wings. With the help of many hot sauces they found the perfect mixture...



Taste testing...





My mom also made this "Ranch" dip. It was AMAZING! Everything was all natural.


The finishing products of our night were spot on. We enjoyed all our food with no guilt!

Here is the Peach crumble I made with Walnut and Coconut flour for the topping!


Like I said before the game was a big disappointment. We sat there wishing it was all over already. At half time we played a game of Ping Pong and then I went to bed shortly after. I'm not much of a night owl. 

But all in all, a great weekend!

Lanette




No comments