Another weekend, but not a normal one

What a very long weekend it was! I want to do a quick catch up before really heading into this upcoming week! So here it goes... 
Thursday I made homemade Lara bars for Cain to take to drill. It was a apple pie one and it turned out amazing! Cain love them which I was really happy about! Super easy recipe to!


Friday Cain had the day off which was much needed! Getting to relax all day with him and Nova was  a joy!

I swear can they get any cuter?!


So check this out. This is where the Wedding will take place in 97 days. Think things will clear up by then? Haha I sure hope so! Right now it's flooded with mixture of ice, snow and water. I would like to take a picture come May 30th and see green grass, flowers and leafs!


Cain moving the trampoline so that the grass doesn't die there!


Saturday Cain was at drill all morning and afternoon. I was babysitting until 3:00pm then went straight to Fort Wayne afterwards to shop for Cain's food. I got him a Bison steak to have once he was home from drill! Aren't I a great future wife ;)


Here is a the grilled veggie plate I made! SO GOOD! Will do this again and again and again!


Look what we hung up Saturday night!!! I just LOVE this picture and the moment I saw in back in July I knew I would hang it in my kitchen one day, and look there it is!!! I need to put some kind of matting behind it but I was to excited to wait for that!!! I was doing a little happy go crazy dance! 



So if we back track to Friday for a minute I will tell you about what happened to Derrek (Cain's brother) over the weekend. We got a txt Friday afternoon saying that while Derrek was at drill he was having stomach pain and come to find out he need his appendix taken out. We were going to drive to Connersville to see him after his surgery but decided not knowing he would be out the next day and that Cain had drill early Saturday. He was out of surgery Friday and on the way to recovery! Come Saturday late afternoon is when we got the news that they how realized there was internal bleeding and they were going in to do a second surgery. Yet again we wanted to go see him but Cain wasn't even out of drill yet and he needed to be at Drill Sunday morning early again. So the 2 hours drive is what stopped us. Now looking back we wish we would of just drove there because the second surgery was a fail, an epic fail. So a THIRD surgery needed to take place. 

Once out of the third surgery Derrek was in ICU and not doing good. So Sunday morning Cain went to his Sergeant and asked to leave due to his brother being in ICU. They let him off thank goodness! Cain came straight to me and we were on our way to Connersville by 7:30am! Thanks to the melting snow we had to take 3 detours to get to the hospital! But we did finally make it. He had a rough Sunday and Monday but now seems to be up the up swing!


Playing games.
Derrek was in and out of sleep all day. We watched tv and waited for when he needed something from us!
While Derrek slept Cain also slept. 
 I had a wonderful time with Christine and Cat, I have some great sister in laws that I love dearly.

Today was like every other Tuseday. While I walk down the stairs to leave the house to pick up Graci Nova is right behind me following me. She knows when Tuesday comes she gets to go pick up Graci from the shop.


On our way home we seen the flood going on at the green way.



Graci helped me make chocolate covered strawberries today for tonight's ladies bible study! There was some extra chocolate left over so of course we wanted to eat it. First we sliced an apple to dip them in the chocolate... then we just took the spoon and finished it off! 


This is the chocolate I use if I don't have time to get dark chocolate (70% or more cocoa)


If you are going to eat chocolate (which I know you will, who doesn't!) Please get it without SOY! Dairy is one thing (of course if it's from whole milk) But Soy is not good!

I got our photo book in from SnapFish today! It looked amazing! It will be at our His and Her shower in 2 weeks!!!

This was my mom's favorite page. So therefore, it's mine too.



 Leaving to go to the bible study! See ya :)

Lanette

No comments