If Food Babe was an Olympic gymnast ...

Since learning more about the food I eat and where it comes from I have been following many blogs that also care and do a lot of research into the companies that make our food. I've said before how crazy I am about Food Babe and the hard work she does to make things not only better with the foods she eats, but for everyone else.

I am apart of the Food Babe Army and will support anyone who believes in a better food system!

So big things have been happening in the last month or so! First off, Subway is finally taking out a chemical in their breads thanks to Food babe, and her Army! They haven't given a date yet on when that change is happening but I would not eat there until it does. I wouldn't eat there period because there is a lot more things wrong then just that chemical in the bread! But! If you do, wait.


Next Food babe has been working side by side with the people at Chick-fil-a for the past year to better their products. Like taking High Fructose Corn Syrup out of their sauces and such. But something even better coming..... Their Chicken will be Antibiotic-Free! Now, this is all going to be within the next 5 years they said. But still! For "fast food" this is great news... and will just start the ball rolling for other fast food places.

I would love to think in the next 5 years things will only be getting better, not worse. Because the more you know about the food you eat, the more concerned you will get about what's going on here in the United States.

Honestly, what are in stores today just isn't cutting it for nutrition. It's actually doing a negative affect on us!


And the FDA is a joke. I didn't even realize what the FDA was or did when starting to eat right. But once I realized what they were there for, it bothered me that they aren't doing their job. You think, hey this product is on the shelf, it's being sold to billions of people... it couldn't have a ingredient in it that could be that harmful, could it? YES!

Take Kraft Mac and Cheese for one ... it has Yellow No. 5 dye in it which has been linked to Hyperactivity, Asthma, some skin conditions and cancer! Wait! But it's Kraft, don't they care about kids? Sorry... no. They care about the money in their pockets and sadly we do care about the money in our packets. Though it may seem cheaper (and easier) to buy the boxed Mac and cheese for lunch instead of the fresh vegetables and fruit. In the long run, your kids are paying for it in their health.



Now I have been told I need to work on being more tactful when telling people about the food they are eating (And I am trying!) But I just can't stand seeing my loved ones doing damage to their heath. But it is a choice, and I'm thankful we all have the choice.

And what you decide will help in the future.


I thought this was funny! But so true, where did it all go wrong? Who is to blame? Honestly, who really cares at this point? There's nothing we can do to go back and change things... but we can still change things for our kids. We are responsible for the future, and where are dollars go is what we will get back.

Buy from a farmer, so that farmer can keep growing organic food.

Buy Organic and they will supply more Organic foods.

It's that's simple!

Make sure to follow Foodbabe.com to keep up with what she is doing to help make things better! Here is a quote from NaturalNews.com ...

"If Food Babe were an Olympic gymnast, she would have just pulled off a high-speed triple back somersault with a perfect landing and unanimous "10" score" 

I couldn't agree more! All I can say is, what am I doing to change things?

Lanette



No comments