Weekly thing

We didn't go long without seeing each other this weekend. Let's see, he left Sunday at 3:30pm and I was at the apartment this morning by 8:00am .... so yeah, you can see we like being with each other! If you guys didn't know that by now :p

Like every Monday so far it's grocery day and meal prep for Cain's week! So while Cain picked up the apartment I went to Kroger's. I love the Kroger's in Waynedale, It's pretty stocked with everything I need for the week. 

Have you guys ever looked at the back of a potato chip bag and seen either Vegetable oil or Canola oil? These are two very bad oils that you should not have in your diet. 



Cain does love potato chips and I can't make them myself if I'm not there so I was able to find one with just Olive oil and sea salt! A much better choice! I love Cain to death, and would hate bringing home things for him to eat that could be bad on his heath. And for our kids one day!

Next time shopping for those ever yummy favorite chips, check the back!



I was about half way done at this point. I already had chicken breast and turkey at the apartment so all I needed meat wise was the beef and bacon. 



Here is the full load!

Apples (Green because those are Cain's favorite, I like my golden red apples!)
Grapes (Also green, Cain's favorite. I like red grapes!)
Strawberries
Yellow, Red and Green Pepper
Baby spinach
Zucchini
Onion
Tomato Sauce
Ezekiel Tortilla
Ezekiel Bread
Kettle Chips
Whole Milk
Raisins
Ground beef
Bacon
Cranberry juice


It's funny now when I check out, I actually listen when the cashier tells me the total price! Before when checking out for my mom, or even just for myself I wouldn't listen. I didn't have a steadying budget and my mom was buying so, you know... who cares :p But now, no I listen and remember. That way I know what to budget and if I spent to much or if I have some left over to add to next weeks grocery trip!


Cain's a pal and always comes out to help carry in the bags! Which by the way I need to switch over to the reusable eco friendly bags for grocery's. It's on my to do list to have by this spring! HOLD ME TO IT!

Once in the house I get everything out that I need to either cook or clean.  I always wash the fruit! I think of the hands and places it was before it made it into my kitchen and get grossed out so I use vinegar and water. And add lemon juice to give it a little fresh taste!


I made a turkey chili that had zucchini in it for lunch, which was amazing! It really wasn't chili, it had the spices like chili but no beans so I think that's why it felt different but yet was still so good!

Next I baked a chicken breast for Cain's Cream Cheese Burritos then I mixed in the onions and jalapeño in the beef for burgers. (I freeze both the burritos and burgers for Cain to pull out when he wants either)


I also sliced 2 chicken breast for him to bake some chicken fingers tonight! For the breading I used Almond meal with some spices.

He hasn't told me yet how they turned out. I'm doing pretty good so far and haven't had any "Don't make that again" comments lol

I was telling my mom today (once I was home) that I'm honestly in the kitchen the whole time I'm at the apartment lol Once I'm done it's time for Cain to leave for his classes and me to go back to my parents. I haven't been able to enjoy the apartment yet. But that will come soon!


Update on the chicken fingers.... 



Yay! Another home run! Hope this keeps up, but I know when I do mess up... and I will lol that Cain won't mind and will be really nice about it. He is a keeper.

Bachelor time anyone? I think so.

Lanette

No comments