hole in the wall home

Just a quick post before heading to our volleyball game tonight! Something I look forward too and Cain forgets about lol I'm a nut for a good game of volleyball.

Tomorrow Graci, me and Cain are doing a little house hunt in Fort-Wayne. This will be our first taste of the search for the perfect place to live while Cain is at St. Francis. But when I say "House" it's going to be more of a "hole in the wall" type place. School has and still is number 1 to us which means a full time job for Cain isn't in our plan right now. So that leaves us with a bed and mini fridge home. Haha Maybe I'm being a little dramatic with that ;) But really though. As long as we are together, with Nova and no drug deals are happening right outside. I'll be excited for any hole in the wall home.

Today I am thankful for the never ending support Cain and I are receiving from family, friends and strangers! Just the another day while we were getting a spacer put on my ring (I'm waiting until AFTER the holiday season to get it resized) A elderly man over heard us talking about our exciting news of engagement and our big plans for the future. We found out he was a veteran so Cain and him got to talking about the Army :) As we went to pay for the spacer the man let us know it was on him, and congratulations and good luck to us. I almost started crying right there. We tried to tell him thank you, but we could pay. But men like him don't take no for a answer. We thanked him over and over again. Making sure he knew how much we not only appreciate for paying for the spacer, but for his service as well.

Life is good. And we should all be a little more grateful for the people in this world making a difference. While we sit back and complain about little things in our world, there are people who actually try and do something good. Little things like smiling at the cashier, and wishing them a good day could honestly go a long way. But it's so simple we don't think it matters.

We have almost a week before Thanksgiving. Try and think of ONE thing nice to do for someone else. Don't do it for your own self glory. Do it to show your kids what giving is all about, or do it because you just know it's the right thing to do.

Not sure why I went into all that but I just honestly feel so thankful for so many people I'm sitting here thinking, what have I done? What can I do?

I could go on about that all night! Just makes me want to go give Cain and big hug and just thank him for loving me so much, because honestly that's something I am so extremely thankful for.

So while I leave here to do that, go hug someone who loves you like crazy. Or better yet go hug someone who you are crazy about!

Oh yeah, and I'm going to kick butt in vball tonight ;)

Lanette


No comments