Hi, I'm lanette and I'm a Taco Bell addict ...


Today marks 300 days without Taco Bell! Wow, it doesn't feel that long. It feels like just yesterday I was heading over to TB to lust over the amazing cheesy gordita crunch, a soft taco and then bites of whatever Cain had! Because his stuff always looked so good after I was finished with mine! Okay, I just sounded like a fatty there. I really wasn't over weight when I was eating Taco Bell everyday (and yes I would eat it everyday) but what I've learn is that just because your thin, does NOT mean you are healthy. For some people, they and everyone else can see how unhealthy they are. For others it's not a visible thing. But for me it wasn't showing on the outside. Now of course I'm not saying I looked fit and actually "healthy" looking but I wasn't over weight for my height and age.

To go back to that time though, almost a year ago. Cain was about to head off to basic. I was at my off season with pictures and had lots of time on my hands. So once Cain was off on his next chapter, I was on my own. I just didn't realize it yet. 

The first reason I stopped eating Taco Bell wasn't for my health. But for my wallet! Cain had a graduation coming up in 10 weeks that I needed to save for. So I started eating at home more, and besides it was no longer fun to go to the place that Cain and I have been too together so many times. The next step into a healthier life style was research. I wanted to tone up, loose some weight while I had so much free time. So from there I watched some documentaries that surprised me a lot. I didn't realize how much CRAP I was eating, daily and hourly! It was gross, gross. (Had to say it twice!) to think for so many years I was damaging my body. I was on the health nut train and wasn't planning on getting off, ever! But what I was wanting wasn't a "diet" a fad that would last until I lost some weight and then go back to feeding my body posion. I wanted to change my lifestyle. And keep the lifestyle for, well a lifetime. 

300 days later here I am, still learning everyday about new ways to norish my body and new things that are toxic to my body! Balance is something I have had the worse part dealing with. I feel strongly about how bad the meat is that most Americans eat. With all the hormones, GMO's and antibiotics they give to the animals just to make them grow more fat faster is horrible.  I know I don't want that stuff inside me. But, the protein I get from beans and nuts just aren't giving me enough without feeling bloated and very uncomfortable. I was doing protein shakes for awhile but decided I didn't want to be using supplements in my lifestyle. I wanted to only be eating REAL FOOD. 

What I believe is that there are so many different lifestyles people choose when it comes to food. And what works for them, might not work for others. My goal is to eat 75% all plant based raw foods one day. But that's a goal. I can't jump into that without knowing what I'm doing because if you aren't prepared you will fail! But that shouldn't stop you, just go slow to reach your goals. 

But whatever your goals are it should start with wanting to eat only REAL FOOD! Now everyone has different ranges of what they will eat out of the real food options but never is a box of Kraft Mac and cheese going to count as REAL FOOD! 

So right now I am still eating all real food, and have added in more meat (grass fed, free range, no antibiotics, wild caught) to my lifestyle. It's something I want to try to see how it makes me feel. Seeing how I was lacking in protein since I stopped protein powders.  About once a month I will eat some 'Back To Nature' Oreo's with Cain because that's something we love doing together as a treat! (I am human!)

I've had SO much support from my family  . And since I cut out the processed crap so has my mom and Cain (mostly) they still eat certain things I won't but the changes they have made are great! My mom and Cain both lost 30 pounds! I am so proud of their choices. Makes it easier on me when planning my meals. 

Here are some of the videos I have watched that has helped me decide what I was eating wasn't going to get me anywhere but a sick unhealthy lifestyle.

1. Food Inc.
2. Vegucated.
3. Fork over knives
4. Hungry for change
5. Fat Sick & Nearly Dead
6. FAT What no one is telling you
7. Kind corn, our daily bread
8. Supersize me
9. Future of Food
10. Food Matters

And some websites I follow

Food Babe
100 Days of Real Food
Against All grains


I'm so exicted to teach my children these life lessons and healthy eating. They will know things that took me 22 years to find out! I want to give them the best life I can, and I think this will have a big impact in that goal. 

And to Taco Bell, keep making those cheesy gordita crunches, I'm going to be over here destroying my loaded bean and avocado salad ;)

Probably should go wake up Cain so we can get this day started!

Lanette

p.s What do you think of those blonde high lights? Should I ever do that again?! 

No comments