28 days of thankfulness

Part of the many things I have planned for this month I would like to take the next 26 days and spend time thinking and appreciate the blessings in my life. Some may be small, but I think I should be more grateful for even the little things. So leading up to Thanksgiving, everyday I will say something I am thankful for! I'm already behind one day so I will double up in this post!

November 1st | Thankful for: The friendship with the mom's I babysit for.

I am very grateful for the relationships I have been able to keep with these mothers. They trust me with their kids when they aren't able to be there. But they don't have to care about my life, my troubles or my happiness, honestly. But yet all of them have. Jodi is like my second mom, I feel like her daughter. And I value that friendship with her. When she cries, I cry. If I cry, she will cry! It's always been this way. This being my last year with Graci has been sad at times because I don't want to stop being close with her family. But I truly believe we will stay just as close while Graci get's older. Because I know I'm not just the "babysitter" I'm a close friend of the family. And I have a friend in Jodi that I would hate to lose.

Another mom I appreciate is Kellie. Although I am only there twice out of the month she is always asking how I am and remembers the little things I might tell her. She get's excited about the things I am excited about and I will never forget how thoughtful she was while Cain was away at Basic and AIT. She asked about Cain without me having to bring it up.

I have watched many kids the last 10 years and all of their mom's have been thoughtful to me. So I am not only grateful for the job of babysitting, but finding a friend in the moms.

November 2nd | Thankful for: My parents. This is something I feel like they know, and everyone else around me knows. I am very open with the fact of how great I think my parents are. What I am most thankful for is the love they have for each other. I know what true love is, because they show it everyday for each other and everyone they know. They have taught me to always be better not bitter. And to love people for who they are. At times that is hard, but they prove it can be done so I hope I can grow to be like them. Amazing role models for Cain and I. And our future children :)

What are you grateful for today?

No comments