About time

Yesterday was a great day! Cain and I decided to take the day off to celebrate our anniversary, veterans day, and oh yeah... OUR ENGAGEMENT! We are still pretty excited about it. We no longer go by our names but prefer "Fiancé" .... heheh :D People may start getting sick of our happiness soon ... we aren't shy that's for sure!

I woke up to Flowers on my desk :) And a sweet card that made me cry! We were soon after off to Fort-Wayne. Breakfast was first! We don't normally go out for breakfast but Bob Evan's were serving free pancakes to military members so we took advantage of that! I got a veggie omlette with a side of fruit!

We had some things to take back to the mall, and there we got my ring cleaned. Not that it was lacking in shine, but I just wanted to see it sparkle a little bit more! We saw that Starbucks was offering free coffee for veterans day. We are not coffee drinkers because we hate the taste! But we always joke that we wish were coffee drinkers because it smells so yummie and people just look so cool holding their coffee cup in hand! (We are lame) So we went ahead and got one! After spilling it on oursleves a couple times we got a taste ..... and yup, still hate the taste! But we did think we looked older, more like a future husband and wife ;)

And right here I am going to put in my thankfulness of the day! (yesterday).... If you don't mind.

November 11th | Thankful for: My best friend. The type of best friend that laughs at the silly things you do, the one you can tell your secrets too and not be afraid what they might think. The one who no matter what, their there for you. Who knows you better then yourself (and it freaks you out!) The one you can just look at and they know what you're thinking. (our way of making fun of people without them knowing) I can't believe I am marrying my best friend in life, to think when we are old and fat we won't stop loving each other because we have our true friendship that will last a life time.



Who didn't think the movie "About time" looked amazing?! Because I thought it looked like a great, funny movie to see... and looky there, I was right! It was. To us at least. We really enjoyed the love story and sweet moments. We even cried. Yes I said we, as in Cain shed a tear. Shhhh... don't tell him I told you!


Chipotle was our lunch choice. It's where we can both get what we want. I only like eating salads when going out and I am a big fan of theirs! Cain likes burritos, with lots of cheese!


Cain and I are on a volleyball league this year at our local city gym. Last night was the first time up at the net, and guess what?! We actually won! Thanks to our teammates though, we probably did more harm then good. But we do enjoy playing, and playing together :)


Last but not least ... we sat down and decided a wedding date.... drum roll please....*drumming sound....  May 31st of 2014! YES, THIS MAY! Right now the first responses to this date is "Wow so soon"Actually. We would like to get married this weekend, or better yet LAST weekend. So really this coming may isn't "so soon" ;)

We know we want to get married, why wait? The commitment we have is set in stone. We just want the state of Indiana to put it in writing. We both know people put it in writing, and realize later that commitment isn't there. So to us, waiting does no good, we aren't going into this thinking "If it doesn't work there is divorce" NO! Not a option or after thought. We want to do this once, and right. That's why I feel such a peace and blessed to have found a man like Cain. Steadfast to what he believes, loyal, a leader, a amazing provider, someone who would not only defend me... but his country. I'm marrying my best friend, wow am I blessed.

So with all that said... does anyone think May 31st doesn't work?! ... Going once... GOING TWICE.... SOLD to that overly googling eyed couple in the back starting at that beautiful diamond ring! ;)

Our next "to do" is let those lucky family and friends know they get to stand not sit at our wedding!

So make sure to come back around here to see who they will be!

Lanette





1 comment