Living in the land of newly engaged

Wow am I behind on naming all the things I'm thankful for this month! Not that I don't have any, but because so many amazing things happened in just one week... It's like thankfulness overload! I am so tired from the lack of sleep I have been getting, I wake up in the middle of the night and remember all the wedding things I want to get done and can't go back to sleep! This was my last busy weekend though for the next couple of months. All I have to do is get caught up on pictures and I am free to wedding plan my heart out!

If I can take this minute to step back and look at the past week though, I can just see all the amazing things life has to offer and the blessings out there in our life. Sorta makes me want to cry (probably the lack of sleep) but I will hold back the tears for now!

November 6th | Thankful for: ....... SO MANY THINGS! And yes, Cain is one of those things. But I think everyone knows how thankful I am of Cain. So I would like to just say how thankful I am of Bobbi, Mike and Ben. Maybe to them it was another day, just a another great bobbi+mike workshop day. But to me, to us. It was the next chapter in our love story, it was a tale to share with our kids. One day when they ask "How did dad propose?" We get to look at each other, laugh... smile, and say "Well, let us tell you about Bobbi and Mike"

-This was a stop we made on our way home from Indy Wednesday night. One set of flowers for the "Mother of the Groom", The "Grandparents of the Groom", and last one for my Flower girl! Just because it was me who got engaged doesn't mean the family doesn't get anything! I had fun passing the flowers out :) Oh and my flower girl is Graci, if any one wondered who it might be! It was a easy pick . She already requested a red dress, with sparkles. Anyone want to help me talk her out of that one?!

-One of the many random times I had to stop and stare at the bling... hold on.... I just did it again!

November 7th | Thankful for: All the love and support from our family, friends and the BBMK alumn. All the well wishes and congratulations made my heart overflow. I told my mother in law (Who is amazing by the way) how overwhelming it was to receive so much support. She said "You have an "Army" of friends and loved ones" And we couldn't be happier. We are blessed.





















November 8th | Thankful for: Finally holding Emma our niece! Emma Grace is home and doing very well! Cain has the touch with her already, she was asleep within minutes of him holding her :) He will make a great uncle. I couldn't be more thankful for the doctors and nurses who took such great care of her while she was in the hospital.

-In search of my first Bridal Magazine the other morning at 6:50am. On my way to baby sit, had to stop! But I felt like I was looking at a "Waldo" book. WHERE IS THE BRIDAL MAG?!

November 9th | Thankful for: My amazing Mother in law! I'm so thankful for the relationship we have been able to build. She raised one heck of amazing guy, and for that I respect her dearly. She is a true friend, and has made the last few days so fun talking about the wedding and all the things we should do! I know I won't have to worry about anything the next 6 months because she will be there to help me out along the way.

One more day and I'm caught up! Still with me??

November 10th | Thankful for: My dad, Lenny. Way to many things to go into when talking about my dad. The love he has for EVERYONE is crazy to see sometimes. I think "Why do you care about them?" doesn't matter who it is, where they are from, what they've done... he loves them for them. If someone was to ever say something bad about my dad, I would know they were a nut case right away. I'd take a jump back and hold out my fingers making a X ... "You, no touchy, back away slowly..." Ha. For real though. That's how great of a guy he is. I am lucky to call him my friend, pastor, dad, hero.


:)


This month has turned out to show me more blessings then I realized. Tonight, stop and think about those little things you were thankful for this past week. If it's someone you are thankful for, tell them. Don't take anyone for granted. They might need to know what they mean to you.

Tomorrow Cain and I are taking the morning off and celebrating the 2 years of "dating". We were kind of already together much longer then just these 2 years but he didn't make it official until 11/11/11 . He is so sweet. Maybe I will share how he asked me to be his "Girlfriend" tomorrow?! It's a cute story. But aren't all the things Cain does so cute? What a catch ;)

Lanette







2 comments

  1. I cannot even put into words, just how awesome, amazing this makes me feel. 💕❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly cannot imagine my life without you both in it. I need ya- want to- must be a Momma. Cain is the happiest I've ever seen. For this, I will always be great full, blessed and never have to worry. He has found the love, most adults take years too (ie me) I love you both, couldn't be happier. I'm thrilled to be a part of your lives, and the process of making it "official" according to the State of Indiana...... Giggle. Have a great day!!! I'll love you always and forever & a day!!!!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete