Let food be thy medicine ...

Since finding a better life style to live by, such as health and beauty care. I find myself doing more research then I've ever done before. There is SO much info on living healthy and being more natural. This being a life style that's not just a fad or short term thing for me, I try and stay up to date with what's going on around me. If it's what chemicals they are finding in food that is harmful, to the medication I will now not take or the shampoo I use!

I do believe you can't protect your self from everything harmful. But nothings wrong with trying! If only more people took these things seriously. I feel like if more people would care about what they eat, or what they put in their bodies that we wouldn't spend so much on health care, but rather are local farmers and our own gardens!



 That's my kind of "Farmacy" ! Wouldn't that be nice. We take so many things that just put a band aid on our health problems instead of getting to the root of the problem! What we are eating!

I can't say I'm perfect. I still eat things that I know isn't 100% real. Like those Back to Natural Oreo's I enjoy every couple weeks! But I am really trying to just eat what is real, and what is right. It truly doesn't take a genius to know what is right. Think of food at it's most natural state. And eat it! Truly it's that simple. Things found in boxes isn't real, and that "Low fat" stuff isn't any better for you. Actually it's worse. When they take out the healthy fat, they add more crap into to make it taste good.

Fat is a funny thing. It sounds soooooo bad. It's a scary word that's for sure. It's something we all stray away from because well, we think it will make us FAT. Well I have you know healthy fat, is actually  wonderful for you! With healthy fats such as avocado, coconut oil, grass fed bacon fat, almonds and real butter will help control hunger. So by eating these you will stay full longer, and not be snacking so much! It also helps promote a healthy metabolism! Along with many other things!

To learn more about fat's and a better way of living I would check out Maria's website. I don't follow everything she does. But you can learn a little more about this life style she does. 




Recent news from foodbabe.com Chick-fil-A is taking out high-fructose corn syrup! And some other artificial dyes. I'm so excited to hear about these things because I have a very slim list of fast food places I will eat because of the things they have in their food. Even though they are taking out some of these harmful things, there is always room for more improvements when it comes to fast food! Check out what Chick-fil-A is doing here on ABC news!

Like I said, I'm not perfect! I will never claim to be. But I will say I try hard to eat what is right, and learn about the choices I make, that way I will be able to teach my children a better way of living. Just a little can go a long way I've found when it comes to eating right. There were and still are things I don't fully understand but with just a little research and common since you can understand more then you realize.


:)

Lanette




No comments