My easy Monday

Monday's are normally my easy days. I grew up hearing about how much everyone hated Monday's so that's why I became my own boss, to plan each day how I like! So there for Monday's are easy! That sometimes mean though I have to have a busier weekend to enjoy my "Easy Monday" but I'm okay with that :)

Yesterday morning I woke up thinking about A) I'm starving and B) I want to teach Cain how to take better pictures.

Cain has already had a few mini camera lessons from me but I mostly just put the camera on what setting I think best and hand him the camera and say "okay now take a picture!" I realized that wasn't going to work for ever and I really want him to feel comfortable with the camera seeing how it's my career and biggest hobby in life.

So I woke him up and said "Will you take pictures of me today?" and batted my eyes. He couldn't say no ;)

After getting all dressed up for church we came down for breakfast and a camera lesson. I set it on the "Av" setting so he could just mess around with the aperture first. I love photos with blur and bokeh in the background! I just eat that stuff up!

So here he is messing around...


  I put the settings to where I thought would be a good picture and had him take the photo ...


Then it was his turn! 

Take 1 ...


Take 2 ... 


Take 3.... 


Not to bad! I am never surprised by how well Cain catches on to things so quickly. He REALLY could do ANYTHING. 

Nova was more then glad to help out on this photo shoot. What a little poser! And wow has she gotten big! Sometimes I still see her as that little pup with one ear drooping down... boohoo I miss those days! :(  ...... okay okay, back on track! Haha


Seeing this pictures makes me mad, yes mad! Why haven't I asked him to do this sooner?!? Wow he is good! What I realize is that no one will be able to capture me better then Cain. He see's me in a different way then anyone else. I wish I could see myself through his eyes to be honest. It's probably a whole lot different then what I see in the mirror ...


I was giving tips along the way, but told him I didn't want to see what he was taking until after we were done. One tip I gave was to tell me what to do. That's something I have picked up over the years. People I photograph don't always know where to put their hands, how to stand, to smile or not to smile and if they should look at me the whole time. My guidelines is to be as normal and relaxed as possible.

HA! That's a joke right?! How in the world are you to be "normal" with a camera lens up in your face?! Well it's as simple as this .... give it time. No at first it isn't fun to have someone up in your face or telling you what to do with your hands. But you have to trust that what they see is going to make the picture what it is.

I told Cain that maybe it's not what I would photograph, but if you thought it was good... then it's good. 
Everyone has a different style, Cain's wont be like mine but that's the fun part!



Two simpler pictures yet one is more focsed on my hair, the other my lips... hmmm let me remind you on who was the photographer haha what he saw was my lips, which is normal I'm sure when he is looking at me. I love it because it's very natural and has the soft touch (We can thank aperture for that)


Surprise to me.....my hair is LONG! Crazy how I see myself and fix my hair everyday (okay not everyday but at least three times a week....... okay okay just two but whatever) how did I not know it was getting so long? And no my hair isn't red, it just looks like it with certain lighting. 

Yet again another great shot from Cain!






I think I have an up and coming assistant for future shoots? What do you think?

Hope everyone enjoys their Monday and hope its a easy one ;)


~Lanette


2 comments