"All love story’s are beautiful, but ours is my favorite”
Yes, yes it is. I look back at our journey and am just amazed at how far we have came and blessed that I had the chance of meeting, becoming best friends and falling loving in love with a wonderful man I look up too. 
Brown eyed one
April 15th, 2010. Spring time! And a warm one at that! I had been nannying a out spoken 3 year old for over a year and I loved my life! His name was Jasper and he told you what he thought, when he thought it. And it would be a normal day if he spoke out of line to strangers or made comments you would hear from a 35 year old out spoken male. 
I adored him! His mom didn’t mind his honest, but rude behavier so there for why should I? 
To him I was “his girlfriend” his 18 year old “hot” girlfriend. He shared that with everyone he met and his mom gladly showed them my picture on the phone to prove it was true. I just laughed at the cuteness and paid no mind to it. 
That spring afternoon I went to their cute house and there I started hanging out with my little man on the floor playing with cars. His mom before living informed me that she was helping a friend down the road move into her new house and that I could drop him off there around 5:00pm. “okay no problem” I said. Then she added “Oh and Jasper was showing you off to his friends there the other day, the two boys want to meet you” Giggling I nodded and agreed I would say a nice “hello” to Jaspers little friends. 
A few hours later it was time to drop Jasper off. I pulled up to the house and right away saw two grown up “Boys” on the front steps. “hmm” I thought, hope those aren’t the boys she was referring too” His mom came out just in time, I was about to walk up on the two male teenagers without nothing good to say. 
“This is Cain & Jake, Jasper’s friends” 
“Ha, Hello” still nothing good to say.
Embarrassed that I had not done my hair or make-out & mad that his mom set me up like that! Here I thought I was about to meet two little 3 year olds and there sat two very much cute teenagers! Right away I noticed a difference in the boys. First look was at the tall, built, and eyes that honestly sparkled. Second look was at the shorter, much thinner boy with red eyes. Yes RED. I had to take a second look at him. “What the … pot head, I’m sure” . Not knowing which name went with which eye color yet, I didn’t want to start conversation. 
(Found out later that those were new red contacts that he had gotten for fun. Still way to creeping for me)
“Jasper” I thought, “Where is he?” wanting to get away from them. 
After spending some time being shown the new house and meeting the owners I found out that red eyed boy lived there with his mom and brown eyed was a friend. 
I said goodbye after helping out a bit not really paying any mind to the boys other than the fact that they were great around Jasper and seemed both normal, funny guys. And the one with the brown eyes… was fine. Like fine. you know, couldn’t keep my eyes off fine. Once I left and had made it home Jasper’s mom texted me…
J’s mom-“Well what did you think?”
Me-“The one with the brown eyes?”
J’s mom-“Cain”
Me-“Yeah, you can give him my number”
Finally had the name that went with those eyes. 
Yes, he texted me 1 minute later. He had also asked for my number, and he didn’t seem to mind playing it cool and waiting a day. 
Now, knowing what was going through his mind that day I know that he had fell in love the moment we met. The moment I said “ha, hello” He was gone. Way gone! Jake, a great encouraging friend (not) said I was out of his league and he should not even try. Did that stop him? Heck no. He’s the type that goes after what he wants. No matter how many people bring him down. Which later on in our timeline of love he proves that no one could change the way he feels about me… 
April 15th, the day I met my soulmate. 
Lanette

No comments