My biggest blessing

When people ask "How are you?" I don't even hesitate and answer "Great! I can't complain!" "Well  you could complain" is sometimes a response I get. And it's very true, I could. And at times I do think in my head of some things I could complain about, but why? Life is so wonderful, even at it's worst of times you can count blessings that others can't.

Cain is one of those blessings that I have in my life that I will never forget! He is my best friend and as cheessy as this will sound, my soul mate.

I would often hear from woman much older and wiser then me growing up... "You'll know, when you know" what the heck does that mean? I would think. So whenever I would come into connect with a male (I was mostly surrounded by little kids my teenage years so I wasn't into much connect) I would think "I wonder if he is the one? How will I know? Maybe I'm missing something? haha I just didn't understand what the statement meant! Until, the day I fell for Cain. I didn't know, until I knew him. That was the catch with the phase. You will know, when you meet the right person. It's as easy at that.


It clicks, and it will stick no matter how hard the times get, or no matter who tries to break it up. When you come into connect with what many people would call your "soul mate" I don't think anything could change the way you feel about them. Maybe it's just me being mushy about the love I have for Cain. But I believe in true love so ... there! My blog, my thoughts ;p

Having my best friend around has been more of a blessing then I could ever realize. Cain was gone for 7 months with very little commutation. I treasured every little phone call, and each letter I got. His words and up beat spirit helped me get through the time apart. We both agreed to only be positive, which we both did and it was the best thing for us.

So to now have him back around 24/7, it could be easy to forget those months apart. It already feels like he was never gone. But I don't want to forget, I want to always remember to treasure Cain no matter where he is at. States away or a room away to treat him with respect and the love he deserves.


And while we are talking about respect, love and all the jazz. I would like to say that Cain treats me like gold. I'm his girl, and he lets everyone know it. I'm proud to be his, but I'd have to say I'm just as proud to call him mine.

We love to talk about the future and all the great things we wish to do. And with him I know those things will come true. He never stops trying at his dreams. And I will never stop supporting him through life. 

So as I count my blessings today, count yours. Some are easier to think of but sometimes it's the easy ones that you forget about. 

A big thanks to Lane for taking these two pictures last week, I didn't even have to ask! :)

~Lanette





No comments