Pumpkin carving and the steps that go with it

Last year I really wanted to carve pumpkins with Cain but he was in the middle of freshman year classes and our schedules never allowed us too. SO I was determined to do it this year. I have never carved my own pumpkin so I was really excited about the whole picking of the pumpkins and then making a design thing. We had it all planned out to go "pick" our pumpkins. I'm talking about going out in the field of pumpkins and actually picking it from the ground! I found a place online that said "Pumpkin Farm" so therefore I thought I would be able to walk out there like a little farmer girl picking my pumpkin! Well, it wasn't quite that way. They were already PICKED! 

Cain just looks over to me in the car and put a sad face on. He knew what I wanted, and this wasn't it! We agreed right there that next year we would find a actual farm for us to pick them ourselves.


So first step to carving pumpkins, picking the perfect one! I had mine, and Cain found his!


Next step, get a picture of you and the pumpkin! Not sure why this is a step but I love having pictures taken with Cain so therefore I made it a step!


My very cute boyfriend ;)


 Step three, gut them! Step four, design them!


Step five, cut out and around the designs .... but don't get into it as much as Cain did! lol


Cain decided on Jack Skellington.


I get the creeps just looking at it, and it's light outside!

I opted for the lesser of evil looking things, and did a tribal design.



Happy pumpkin carving! 

Cain and Lanette <3

Nova bomb ....



No comments