She is brave

 Graci is back in town! Last week she was away with her family vacationing in Florida. Lucky duck. When I picked her up yesterday I saw that she had mastered yet again the perfect little tan with her nose cutely pilling.  I said "Hey! It's me who has a wedding coming up, you can't be tanner then me!" She just giggled.

She went straight out to my car where Nova was waiting. I was so happy to see the sun out because that meant we could go outside and play! But the wind was really strong yesterday so we didn't spend as much time outside as we would like!


Graci can get Nova to do about anything she asks. "Nova get up here!" Nova tried and failed.


So Graci got down to the first level of benches and then said "Nova girl get up here!"





Not the most classy jump but it worked.


A couple more times trying to get to where Graci was at and Nova made it. With Graci there to greet her.


I swear these two are the best of friends.


 Graci is very independent. Her answer to almost everything is "I know" and surprising she does know what she is talking about. But she doesn't ask for help, ever. She can do it because well, she knows how of course! Before leaving to take her back into town she says "I'm going to check the mail!" She ran to the end of the drive, with nova following close behind. She tells Nova to "Stay!" and like the great dog Nova is she just stopped where she was out and watched Graci go the rest of the way...


It was windy yesterday.


And paper is light, so unless you've got big hands to grab on...


This could happen.... lol I saw his playing out in my head before it actually happened.


At this point I am laughing so hard I am surprised the pictures weren't blurry from shaking. I yelled "Need help?" knowing the reply would be "No I got it!" 


Nova just watching, probably getting a good laugh too :)


And like always she proved me wrong, she really did have everything under control. She picked up the lost letters in the ditch. I'm still laughing of course... haha




Back out it again. Most kids would have called for help the moment something like that happened. But Graci isn't like most and is very determined when she sets out to do things.


And life never seems cut any of us a break though!

That silly wind was just to strong for those little hands :)




Graci ran after those letters once again. I put down the camera and started walking over "Here let me help get the rest" She replied "Okay I'm going to take these inside now!" She had picked all up but one. She would have done just fine without my help but I wanted to make sure she knew I was there if she needed me. 


Graci is brave, smart, determined, outgoing, polite and extremely breath taking beautiful. I'm so blessed to have been able to watch her grow into this amazing kid. She isn't a baby anymore. But I'm thankful to have been there when she was a baby. To be able to see that out going baby only continue to grow more wild and free!

Lanette

No comments