Living for today

Although these pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago I couldn't help but share. 

The last couple of weeks have been so busy it's hard to remember what all I have done. The drives from Waynedale to Bluffton are getting longer each time. Once at the apartment it is getting harder to leave Cain. We are counting down these short weeks and days until we can say the "I Do's" And not have to travel to see each other every other day. 

It's hard to complain seeing how this time last year Cain was in TX at AIT and I only got to talk on the phone with him about two hours out of the whole day. So even though yes I wish we were just married already, I am thankful for where we are today. Having gone through that time apart you are able to sit back and be thankful for what you have. Who knows when Cain will have to be gone again. I truly don't take a day for granted because of that unknown. 


My life is a blessed one with great company at home. I can not say enough how amazing my parents are to not only me but Cain ... and Nova :) I am also thankful for Cain's family who loves us. We have a lot to be thankful for all year long.


It's easy to get caught up in the moment when things go wrong and you can't see when they will get better. I do try and make everything perfect and that always seems to make things worse in the end! Being on top of everything is a joke, yet I still try to make everything go as planned and when it fails I get very disappointed. But when I sit back and just stare at the things around me I can breath a sigh of relief. Life is good, I am blessed and everything is in God's control. 

Cain helps me see things in the big picture. He is so supportive of all my dreams and often helps me to relax. He has perfected the whole "Just sit back and relax" thing. I am not trying to make fun of him I'm honestly saying he has something I wish I had! What I would give to sit back and relax. My mind is always running around with things to do, people I should go see and what needs fixed. 


His smile and cheerful laugh is what makes my life so wonderful. Maybe that's why it's so hard to leave him everyday. It will never get easier. And when the day comes again when he has to leave for weeks or months... I will miss him then too. 

But if there is something I'm good at, it's giving him a smile right back. I can't help but smile when seeing those eyes light up. His dreams of the future make me so proud and no matter where he goes I will be home with open arms and that huge smile to welcome him back. 

Counting down those days until "I do" But will never stop living for today! And being content with where we are at in our lives. 

Hebrews 13:5-6


Lanette

No comments