Hello from Texas



I'm writing this post from the comfort of this lovely hotel room with my hubby just a couple feet from me, and I'm happy as I write this... just so you've got a mentel picture.

The moment I booked the flight to be here with Cain my heart felt like it was going to explode. Honestly that's the best way I can explain it. I didn't sleep the night we booked the flight because my heart was racing and I was so excited and filled with joy. The next night I did fall asleep, but woke up at 3:00AM with that joy feeling my heart and couldn't sleep, again.

As I boarded my flight at 6:20am on Tuesday my heart again felt like exploding. It was a long morning of traveling and of course there was a moment where I thought "am I ever going to get there?"

Well I did.... <3 

Cain welcomed me with open arms. I started tearing up because finally my heart was with my Love. I do believe my heart burst into a million pieces of joy, good thing I had a medic there to piece it back together again. 

I thought I would docoument my whole day, or the next day. As in take video and pictures of everything. But I didn't. I felt no need to pull at my big camera. I think I was just so in in the moment that I felt no need to do anything else but to be with Cain. Those who know me best know that I am always taking pictures so this was a little unlike me! 


We did take a picture right after Cain picked me up. Then the next day after we ate lunch we took one to send to the family who had been waiting to see us together again. 

Cain pointed out Texas A&M campus to me yesterday and as we drove past, I thought it was beautiful but again, didn't think I needed to take a picture or document what I was seeing. 

When we drove past it this morning I started to feel the urge to take out my big camera and capture it's beauty. I said "We need to come back and take pictures there!" He giggled and said "Ok love" 

That's how I knew I was getting comfortable and was ready to be back in reality land haha. 

We are going to go site seeing next week, but for the next few days Cain still has some huge tests to get through. Which means lots of study time. 

I'm used to his studying time, he did a lot of it the past 3 months. I would just kind of leave him be and when he needed a break I would get a text or a FaceTime call. Well now, I get a "Come over here and sit with me!" or a kiss and a big hug when he stands up and takes a break.  

Even though we are both working, we are together. I'm okay with this <3 Really, that's all we need at this time, just to be together. 

I will share more as time passes. For now, back to work I go ... even if it's hard when all I can do is look to my left and see the love of my life working so hard for his family. 

Nova and I thank you Cain, you are our hero. 









No comments