COMING HOME WITH .....

We are coming home! 

When Cain left in August he knew when he got home that he would need a new vehicle. He had big hopes that he would find a great deal in TX and purchase a truck. So while going through school he would keep a close eye on good deals here and there. They would come and go so fast he didn't have a chance to get to them. Half way through he decied though if he got a trcuk while in TX, I would fly there one way and drive back with him. 

We were getting pretty close to his coming home date and still, no truck. We started getting a little discouraged because we were both ready to be with each other again and if that meant getting a truck, the pressure was on for Cain to find one! :p

I was venting to a friend about our plans and discouragment in him not finding the right truck and having to wait the extra 3 weeks to see each other now (3 weeks might seem like no time at all, but when you've gone already 100 days without each other, every day matters)

My friend just said "Go to TX, if he gets a truck, cancel your fight. If not, go home the same day as him"

All of a sudden it hit me how easy she was making it sound, because it was that simple. 

That's why I have been in TX the past 2 weeks. I swear if she hadn't of made it so simple I would still be in Indiana missing my husband terribly! Thanks Jodi <3

Cain found this truck and we went and looked at it together just a week after I got here. The story of how we ended up with this truck, with our asking price is a great story that Cain will have to tell you. But long story short, we totally walked away from it because they weren't going down to our price. We drove off and said "that's alright, it wasn't meant to be"

10 minutes down the road she called back coming down on price and not even meeting half way but going to the price we offered! 

We hung up the phone laughing saying "That really works? The whole walking away thing?"

So now Cain will come home with a truck that we worked so hard for! I really believe he deserves it and so much more. I am proud of the man who works hard and saves for what he wants! 

We are coming home!! After a little delay on the Paramedic test schedule we are now leaving Tuesday evening for Indiana. 

Now I just have to pack up our stuff and also still try and get work done.... ahhhh the stress is starting to hit me! Now would be the time that my friend Jodi would say something so wise and make me feel better <3 

Trying to not focus on the "to do list" and just enjoy the last two days here <3 
















No comments