First Snow day | 2016

As adults we get to decide what we do everyday.

 I think we've done pretty well as adults (so far) we don't miss work, we make it to family events unless we are working, we pay our bills, we show up on time or early, cook organic foods for our health. have taken care of our dog (pretty nicely too I might add) and we save our money. So on so forth. 

So as adults I think we are doing okay, I'm sure we could always do better but hey, we are still young!

But today as adults we gave ourselves a snow day! It's a novelty for us to not go ANYWHERE for one day. Honestly, it's the rarest thing in our life. Either we work, doing something important or have a family thing. We never have days where we don't leave the house. Maybe I won't have to leave the house, but Cain does or the other way around. 

So today was our snow day, don't go anywhere, eat (organic) cookie dough and be ... lazy. Yup. Something I'm not so great at. So of course I said, "I still have to work a little, okay?" 

What?! I can't help myself! It's a horrible gene my parents gave me! 

We decided earlier on in the morning (secretly) that we would take Nova out and play. You see we couldn't make plans like that with her hearing, because she knows what we are saying and she would have not stopped bothering us until we went out and played, so we did a little "Pig latin", Whispering  and mouthing words so she didn't find out. 

She knew something was up because we were whispering and then wouldn't let up on us until we told her what was going on. You might think I'm joking at this point... But in the most serious voice* I'm not joking, she knows what we are saying. 

Haha, so out we went! Cold, beautiful, white and fun - Nova loves the snow. 










We love you always, Nova. But there is something about fresh snow on your nose that we love the most. 








My love.













My mom has asked nicely to see me in more pictures this year.

The struggle is real.

















The quote "Dogs leave paw prints on your heart" rang in my ear right about now and it almost brought me to cry.

These prints in the snow mean the world to me. My best friends walking together side by side. I get to see this, capture and adore it! I love my little family.

And the quote now is "Nova has left paw prints on our hearts, that will last a lifetime"

















Time : slow down.





1 comment

  1. Nova blue is so beautiful! & Thank God Ruthie taught the pig latin, it's come in handy, lots. :-)

    ReplyDelete