Lanette's Photography 2016 | RECAP



WHAT A YEAR!!

This year was huge because a little of it was spent with me being a full-time photographer! - Although I have felt like I was full time for a few years now, I have always nannied alongside photography.

So starting in August I was only doing photography and it was a bit scary! I was counting on just photography to fill my part of the financial needs we have.

Blessings came overflowing - I was booked for almost 2 1/2 months straight! It was a little overwhelming but I could not complain! I was doing what I loved to do and it made it so much easier to cope with my husband being gone for 4 months since I had amazing people to photograph and keep me busy!

This year I witnessed another birth, I photographed families, seniors, couples, bellies, babies, growing kids, adoptions,  I even photograph Barbara Bradley at Vera Bradley!  But I think my favorite this year was photographing a Military Homecoming!


Overall, it was just a great year and I have to say a huge THANK YOU to my clients/friends/family (you know who you are) for supporting my business and by letting me capturing some of the most precious moments of your life!

I would also like to thank my family for being so supportive! They are my biggest critics but give me the most love and encoursement. To my husband, Cain, thank you for supporting my dreams, I will always be your photo girl <3

Some of my favorite photographs of 2016 below! There are so many more favorites but I couldn't go through them all and it would be a long blog post! So I had to pick from the ones I could remember off top of my head!!! :)

If you want to book your session for 2017 send me an email so we can plan it <3 Email me!


As a family, we started the new year right with Zoe Grace being born! This moment was just as 
precious as it looks. Emma walked in and was so excited to meet her little sister <3 

Kaidance taking a second from playing to snuggle here - little moments stopped in time <3


Kinsley <3 I got to photograph her 5 times in 2016 ... and every time was perfect! I call myself her "Auntie" ;)

This photo will always be one of my favorites! Charlie was the best dog to work with! 

I got to witness another birth! I filmed this birth but had to snap this photo of dad holding his baby girls hand <3 


This was my first time meeting Emily and her boys. I didn't know then but I would find a great friend in Emily and be able to photograph the baby in her belly right there, also her husband's homecoming...!  

This was a last minute session but I am so thankful we had such a beautiful morning for these two.




I was so excited when Cally messaged me about pictures. I spent a evening capturing the sweetest of moments of her and Freya <3

Caught in the rain with these two ladies. I have not laughed that hard at a session in a long time! 


This session was one of my favorites of the whole year! "Momma + Me" sessions in general were some of my favorites of the year!

Chloe rocked this session! I will always look back with good memories of spending the evening at the fair with her <3

Haley and I spent the evening photographing each other in a field of green with worship music playing from the car. The most relaxed session all year - it wasn't work just a night filled with joy of photography! 

Meeting Barbara Bradley was a highlight of the year! I got to sit in a conference room and hear all about her early years starting out her business.  The stories she told were hilarious and made the whole room light up in laughter and I think we all felt pretty honored to be there with her.  She has a book coming out soon, I can't wait to read it!



Oh, Nora. Chase that sun <3 

Charlie's newborn session was a breeze / I love summer babies <3

Max stole my heart here. These boys (Max + Solly) are on the move a lot so to get this one of him staying still for second was big! Future heart breaker!

There they go on the move. The sun, these boys, running to dad ... <3 I had to pick this one as one of my favorites.

Last one from this session. No they aren't looking at the camera giving me a cheesy perfect smile but to me this is real life, real love and I wouldn't change this photo for anything <3

CJ smiling over his big brother. I remember thinking here "These moments, that's why I love my job"

<3 Real smiles, real laughter <3


I spent two whole days with Kaylee and every single image she was glowing. Her beauty was breath taking and I am so thankful to have photographed such a beautiful, fun and loving girl! I had so many favorites from this session - so I thought I would share her blog post here - lol 


this car + this couple + autumn colors = happy photographer <3



Yet another amazing senior session. I know what I was feeling at this session - tired. I was lacking sleep, I was stressed with the overload of work and I missed my husband terribly! Linnea was also missing her old hometown and her boyfriend. I think we were meant to spend that evening together. I know that when I photograph people that it's not always happy times and I although I hope to always be in a good mood when I photograph someone I might be sad (my husband is gone a lot!) But what I would love to get out of every session is realness. If you're sad, be sad. If you're happy, be happy. Thank you, Linnea, for hearing me out about missing my husband so much. You are gorgeous inside and out and I can't wait to photograph you in the future!   

My first Military Homecoming to photograph <3 Breath. Taking. Moment. I had to hold myself together and soak it all in without bawling! Emily's look on her face at this bottom photo - I will always remember. 


I normally don't edit like this, but I was wanting to try something new. I ended up loving it! Might try more in the future like this <3 


Another homecoming, just a week after Jacob came home! I wasn't able to be there for his homecoming but photographing this family afterwards was a honor. The morning was cold - their hearts were warm filled with peace, love and joy. One of my favorites sessions of the Autumn!

Claire. Sunshine girl. 

Big brothers love. 

I have gotten to know Mackenzie over the last few years and I have also gotten to know her babies. I have loved getting to know them and be apart of their family's milestones. Whenever I am discouraged and tired from work I go and look back on pictures of Mackenzie's babies. I then remember why I love my job and why it's important. I don't make memories but what I do is important. I take those memories and capture them to look back on. Thank you, Mackenzie, for letting me be apart of your family for so many years, I will always love your babies and will keep looking back on those memories <3 

When I met for Sarah's session I was again, tired and stressed. But she put a smile on my face with her smile and laugh. I couldn't get over how beautiful her smile was. She has to light up a room with it, she made my heart happy here. Thank you Sarah for being you <3   

I love these girls. Maybe it's because I love their momma so much that I have gotten to see the love she has for them. Seeing the laugh and be carefree here makes my heart happy  <3

This session was all sorts of hectic with three very young boys! I didn't want to give up on a nice smiley photo for momma but I so enjoy these unposed, real life, real love photos <3 


Top picture with Kaidance dancing with her momma <3 and this bottom one of Alyssa dancing with her grandmother and mom - some photos get better with time, I think this one will be one to look back on years from now <3



Added 1/9/17 - How did I get this shot from 2016?! So glad I am going back even more and looking at all the pictures from 2016 because if not I would have missed this. Nik and Lisa are so perfect for each other and brought so much life and realness to this session in the Autumn. I love them.

No comments