Distance Unveiled

Just when you think you've got this long distance thing down something comes along and knocks you back three steps and you feel like this just isn't going to work. I knew going into this distance period that we could get through it like we had before in the past but I was seeking for something more out of the distance period.

What I was looking for was growth from the distance. When you're married and your husband is away for a long period of time you can either just make it through the time or you can grow from it coming out stronger on the other side (that was my thought process at least!)

 I wanted and longed to come out of this period of time a better wife having more confidence in my marriage than ever before. Because if you want to test your marriage, spend some time on facetime with bad internet, be in a different time zone and both be doing work/school full time and do all of the above every day for months.  It will test your patience and communication skills.


Thanks to Facebook (there are good things that come from that evil place ;) I saw a link that led me to "Unveiled Wife" books. I felt this awesome joy because it was just what we were looking for.

Cain and I had done a pretty awesome couple's devotional over the summer that we loved, really loved. But it was very easy, light-hearted and fun. What we were looking for though this time around was something that was going to build us closer together, not just keep things fun while we were apart.

I also was so excited that there were TWO books. One for the husband and one for the wife. Most other devotionals we looked at had ONE book and that just wasn't going to work for us 1,113 miles away from each other. Another great thing I love about the two books is that we can read them at our own, even if we were together in the same house we still have different schedules.

So the day Cain left is the day we started our "Husband & Wife After God" books. And it was the BEST THING we have ever done as a couple. Every night we came together on our laptop/phone screens and did something more then just ask "How was your day?" "What did you do" "I miss you, I miss you too" talk. We were doing something much more meaningful.

We were not just being molded in our marriage but in our personal relationships with Christ! God started working in me as a wife, molding me into something different than I was. And it was hard! We spent a night or two crying over the pages seeking real growth that only God could bring in us.

All through Facetime, we started seeking what it meant to have a more Christ-centered marriage. Although we were miles apart we were together in a way, bonding like never before.

At the end of the book, we were both sad and very happy. We were actually sad that it was over, we felt so filled after each day reading our chapters and digging into the word of God more that it was so refreshing every day! But we were also so glad the first month was over in this distance period - 30 days had come and gone!


So you might ask, did you find growth from the distance? Yes! And we aren't even done with the distance. We still have quite some time and we are still seeking after God in our marriage today. We started another devotional, we will let you know what we think after this month is over! I hope to never stop seeking and growing in my relationship with Christ and with my husband.

If you're married for 1 month, 10 years, 20 years.... Distance or together every day.... I would recommend this book. We both said at different times "Let's do this book together again in the future"

Here is the link to Unveiled Books - I hope it blesses your marriage like it did ours <3



No comments