Little Details | Preparing for Baby Earth-Side

Moving into a home just 3 months before your due date put a lot of unwanted stress on me.  But slowly I started to make progress and getting this home baby ready. And while Cain's been gone the past three weeks I've really pushed hard on getting the small detailed things covered. The three main rooms I've wanted to get things in order was the Livingroom, our Bedroom and of course the big room, the BIRTH ROOM! aka Baby's room after birth. 

Today I'm just showing you what I've put out in the Livingroom and Bedroom. Just the little details I hope to make life easier with a newborn. 

Livingroom first! My "feeding station" is what I'm calling this area. Basically, the place I plan to do must my sitting and feedings with our baby. I found this Grey Rocker on Amazon and knew I had to have it for this spot. It kept with the color theme of the couches, it was a rocker (a must!) and wasn't too big or too small!

Not yet in the Livingroom is the pack and play with the newborn insert. That will be in front of the window area. We will use it for diaper changing and a place for baby to get some sun!




On this wall behind the chair is my oils rack. All the oils I will want to be using while I nurse baby will be within reach. I plan to put something next to the oils rack, I'm just not sure yet! Maybe a frame with a verse, a photo of rainbow baby, another shelf?? Help!


Also, something missing still is my Thieves hand sanitizer I will have out for myself and guest, that will go here on the side table I got from Target last year! We have two of these tables actually we've used them for nightstands in the bedroom. In the future, we may replace this side table with another so I can have a nightstand again (or should I say Cain!) because I will be using his nightstand in the bedroom for more baby things!

You'll see the tote, that's where I will put my breast pump for when I need to pump. I have our Baby book out so we can keep things documented!


 I have Kidsecnt oils in the wooded oils stand that I will be using a lot! Behind the photo of myself and baby is a wireless photo charger! I know I will need that close by me at all times (I will be taking so many photos once baby is born!!)


If you open this nightstand up you'll see burp cloths, a pacifier and this adorable rainbow clip a friend made me! (ask me for where you can get one just like it!)

In the box is the footprint kit for once Baby is earthside. We will most likely do baby's first checkup right here in the living room. Where our midwife will weigh baby, do the measurements, footprints and fill out the birth certificate (that paperwork is under everything in there!)

After that's over with this will be a place for more baby things that I need on hand.


My dad made my siblings and I this quilt ladder a few years back. If you'd like one just like it,  I'm sure he could make another! I actually would like more!! I decided to use it as baby's blanket ladder. I know we will be using lots of these and I wanted them out in the open!




We are loving all the wooden toys gifted to us! Yes, it's too early for baby to be playing with these but they have already been put to great use! We have nieces and a nephew, along with our friend's littles who have all played with it! Along with this basket with books and some toys. It's nice to have out for when baby is born, so when our friends visit their little babes can be entertained while their momma holds our newborn <3




Oh, this is Nova, she will play with the kids too ;)


Bedroom!   There are still a few things that need to be put in this room. Once our baby is born we will be a Halo bassinet beside the bed, along with a Dock-a-tot. We plan to have a trash can in here for night time changing.

The nightstand still needs to be organized. We know we need the diffuser in here, with nighttime oils (can you say Lavender and Gentle baby going 24/7) a

I was so excited to put this changing table together! This washstand was a gift from my parents before I was even married! So it's been with us for quite some time. I've used it for many things, but this is by far my favorite thing!

The changing cover is an organic fabric that I love, nothing but the best for baby right?!





I've had this ladder for many years, it's pretty old but I knew what I wanted from it! I bought these baskets from Amazon and I zipped ties them to the rods. (Thanks dad for the idea!) I had planned on an S shame hook but this was much cheaper and worked just as well (if not better!)

Inside of the first basket is my favorite Night Sleepers Outfits, this will need to be restocked probably every other day, something I will ask the family to help with!

In the next basket is burp clothes :)


Oh, let's go back into the Livingroom for a second! This create is from Magnolia Market! I've had in for a couple of years and just like the washstand, I've used it for many things but this will be by far my favorite way!!

I filled it with newborn diapers, more burp clothes, socks, brush, nail clippers, and Seedings diaper cream and lotion!

This will be used and refilled often but we love that things are easy to see and not misplace. We hope that others come in and can easily help us!






I will keep sharing as we fill these spaces and give updates once Baby is born to see how these things worked out for us! 

I will share Baby's Birthroom SOON! <3

No comments