FORT RUCKER, AL | PERSONAL UPDATE

This afternoon I realized a week has already passed since being in Alabama with Cain and then realized I had yet to blog any of the trip there, so I am doing it now! Like.. right now!



Cain traveled to Alabama for 4 weeks for AMEDD Aviation Crewmember Course. This was just one more step for him to soon become a Flight Medic in the Army. So of course I am/was extremely proud of the whole thing and said from the very beginning "If there is a graduation, I want to go!"

When he found out there was a graduation I started to look up the flights there and they were $500 plus and I sadly started to think  I couldn't go, before Cain left I said "I will just have to be okay with not going" I said that but let's be honest I still hadn't given up all hope. About two weeks into his training some changes happened with his travel plans home so it looked like I would be able to drive there and drive Cain back home after his graduation. Cain would not let me drive the 12 hours there alone (let's just say I have had bad car luck) so his "little" (not so little) cousin Sam offered to come with me.

We left Wednesday after Sam got out of school and drove over half the way there and then we finished the drive Thursday morning.

Cain didn't have as much free time on Thursday as he thought so Sam and I spent even more quality time together (as if 12 hours in a car doesn't give you enough of that!) There is a great Aviation Museum on post at Fort Rucker so we killed time there (twice!)






Finally, I was able to see Cain and give him hugs and kisses. This time apart was only 4 weeks and compared to the 4 months away that is truly nothing, right? Well, yes. But anytime apart from your husband tugs at the heart and the longer we are together, the more we are growing to love each other in different ways it just doesn't get easier! I would love to say "the more you spend apart the easier it gets" but please, let's face it... it won't get easier! What I can say though is it gets sweeter.

Yeah, I said sweeter. And what I mean by that, the time away and then the moment you are together again... it makes the love, growth, and bond that much sweeter. Maybe it's just me but that's how I would explain it.



I vlogged (it's like blogging your day with video) our trip there and a little bit of Cain's graduation on Friday afternoon. If you want to check out the videos on Youtube you can do that! (I'll share the link at the bottom)

It was very short and sweet graduation but very powerful when it came to explaining how important Cain's job is in the Military. Talk about your heart bursting with pride! Cain has put a lot of long hours and hard work getting to where he is at right now. And the crazy part is, he isn't done yet! Not even close! He has a dream and goals that he keeps checking off and I'm over here like "Dude, you're making me look bad!"




All jokes aside. Truly I am so proud of Cain and all the things he is doing and wants to do.

Our trip wasn't done though in Alamamba. We drove a little out of our way home and stopped at his Uncle Kelley's in TN. We love going there and we always feel like we find so much rest there. We get really bad phone service so we just put our phones away and walk up the mountains, take long rides in his cousin's truck up and down the mountains and just unwind from the world around us. Our littlest cousin Daniel is a treat to be around. What a stud he is... we just love him, his family and the mountains.





Coming home knowing that Cain is going to leave again in a few weeks is hard. There is no new "normal" just have to wing it and hope things are smooth.

We are still at my parents home in Bluffton, waiting this training period out before finding a new home for us. With Cain gone every other month, we still feel like me being with my parents is the smart move. And I would agree. It's nice not having to worry about things on my own.

What's coming up next?! .... hahaha... I laugh at the question. If only I knew! I can tell you what we think is coming up next though. Everything changes so we just play it by ear these days.

Cain should leave for Chicago in the middle of April for Critical Care Couse. He will be there almost 5 weeks but this time around I am planning to be there for hopefully the last 2 weeks! The best advice we have been given is to "Sacrifice to be together" Meaning, I could be working and not leave my town while Cain is away but instead sacrifice the work here to be together because, in the end, we need to invest in each other more than any job.

I say that knowing that there is always an "unless" or "but" there in that statement and for each couple, it's totally different and that's for each couple to decide. We are thankful that I can be with Cain as often as I have been able too. I wish I could travel with him all the time, but that is not the case and sometimes it doesn't have to do with my work at all.

I think that I have given the best update possible for right now! If only we knew more but at this time we are going to keep winging it and sticking together like glue, even when separated. Make sense of that one!

Always, thanks for support and love ...

YouTube Channel link

No comments