Fort Wayne, IN Military Homecoming | Park Family

Someone recently told me that I would photograph a homecoming well because being a military wife myself I see things from that side of things. I hadn't thought of that until that moment. I can see how that might be true. Although Cain has not been deployed yet we have gone months without each other many of times because of the Army the past 4 years and I do understand that moment of being reunited with your spouse.

This homecoming had me in all sorts of emotions. Maybe that is the reason behind why!

I got to know the Park family when Owen (the middle child) turned 1 year old. I found out that JJ was deployed and he was going to miss the birth of their youngest, Stella. When I found out that I was going to be able to make it to their homecoming I was so thrilled to be able to capture this very special moment of not just a homecoming but the first time JJ would meet his newborn daughter.

It was a moment I will never forget. Although, it was a crowded airport it was like I was the only one there witnessing these moments between this family.  Jaxon and Owen running to their daddy, JJ meeting Stella for the first time, and the silent moments between Emily and JJ holding each other not saying anything at all….because sometimes nothing needs to be said. Only a hug and a kiss are needed <3

I am still sappy about this homecoming. After I had left the airport I had this verse come to mind...

Romans 12:15

"Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.

This day was a day to rejoice with my friend! Most of my days photographing are days we are rejoicing such as...  Births, Weddings, Homecomings, Maternity sessions etc. But, I have also been part of the mourning too. When my camera is put away and all a family has left are the pictures I captured from a past memory, I am there mourning with them. I want to give hugs, hold a hand and just be a friend. Because being a hometown photographer doesn't just mean I am your go to girl, it means I am there through the good and the bad.

This day was so humbling to me and one I will never forget.

I rejoice with you Park family! I rejoice with all those who have had a homecoming. I myself cannot wait for my husband to be home and having people rejoice with me!!!

Try and not get sappy while scrolling through this blog post....



























No comments