The Cave | Patriotic Corner Spotlight

I am just crazy about our new home. I love the creak in the wooden floors and the sun light that comes into the dinning room just around 9:00am....

This morning I walked out of my office to take a short break from work and stood there staring at the little things I have placed around the house. I have not yet decided where everything will go and I am guessing nothing will ever have a place where it "belongs". One picture might travel through out the house many times and that's okay by me :)

I'm going to highlight some of my favorite little spots/rooms around our cave this year. Some places still need finished (Bedroom, kitchen and studio) so stay tuned for that!

 Now hear me out, I am not a great decorator! I'm sure if I had all the money in the world to buy the cute Pinteresty things my house would look like it was out of a magazine, but I don't and it does not!

But something I am good at is making it our home. I know myself very well and I am still learning about Cain but I think I know what he does and does not like! The things that are here, are here for a reason and we like it the way it is.... all the imperfections and all.  So it might not be fancy but we are okay with that!

This corner has had a few different items there so far, but while I was moving things around last week (Due to my dad deciding to move our couch around to see the TV better lol ) I decided to put some of my plants in one place... then I added a little more to it and this is what I got! I love this patriotic corner so much!

(At the bottom of this post I share where I got everything!)









1) This fake tree I got at a garage sale last summer .. I think for $5

2) You can't see the whole thing but it's a snowman, star and flag. Was given to me from a family member!

3) My dad rocks! He gave me this plant and the pot when we moved into our cave. It's a "Mother in Law" plant

4) Cain made this stand/crate out of the scrap left from my studio background, LOVE IT!

5) This "Starts & Stripes" canvas was from Hoppy Lobby. I got it really cheap after The 4th of July. Maybe $3?!

6) I LOVE this stone that was given to Cain as a Christmas gift form his Aunt Rhoda. She bought it at a Flea Market in Shepherdsville, Kentucky. Can you say AWESOME? We will keep it inside until one day we are settled down and I have my dream flower garden... then it might find it's way there :)

7) This candle holder was from Goodwill, 50 cent!

8) This picture is one of my favorites, it was taken July 2013 at Fort Sam in Texas. I made it into a canvas on Shutterfully.com

9) Another great plant from my dad! Not sure what kind though (Dad, can you help??)

Well there you go! Another peek into the cave. It's coming along nicely. I love this home and who I share it with :)



1 comment

  1. #3..... Love that you have a plant in honor of ME!!! Giggle

    I love YOU!

    ReplyDelete