Cain's Birthday trip and The Stringer's Christmas!

The Christmas ship set sail this past weekend! It started with a Christmas/Birthday party for Cain Friday night. It was wonderful having a lot of our family over to our home to celebrate Cain's birthday. Although not everyone could make it I'm so truly thankful for the Birthday wishes to Cain :) 

Saturday morning we woke up early to make a quick trip to Chicago! This trip was a gift to Cain (and me!) from Scott and Ruthie. When Scott first called me a few months back asking what I thought about this trip to Chicago for Cain, I loved the idea.... but was jealous, because I wanted in on it too! But as he finished out the plan and ideas I realized.... he wanted ME to take Cain... I was pumped!

The gift was to go see Christopher Titus on his tour! Who is Christopher Titus? Well you're crazy if you haven't heard of him ... or you just don't like to laugh! :p For real, look up his stuff on YouTube. When Cain and I started dating Cain would listen to Christopher Titus in the car on road trips. I sat there listening to him and ended up crying it was so funny.

So a long story short, he told Cain on Thanksgiving and we were both extremely excited for this Saturday to come! 

But if I was going to be in the chill town I HAD to stop in at Crate and Barrel. It's only my favorite place to go (There and Target!) So we did some shopping and eating while town down. So much fun :)


Here I caught Cain making his "Thinking" face. 



The show was amazing! We will do this again.

Picture before we walked in ...


This birthday trip felt more like a anniversary trip! The time spent away with Cain was so great. We both agreed we need to do more weekend get aways! THANK you so much Scott and Ruthie for the trip, will never forget it!

On to Christmas at the Stringer's! 

Growing up and getting married is amazing.... you get a extra set of families and more Christmas parties... BUT you have to fit all the parties into your schedule around this time of year and we can't be the only ones who have a hard time making sure you make it to every party?!! Are we?! 

My mom decided to do our family Christmas before Christmas this year. Seeing how Cain works Christmas day it didn't leave many more options! 

It was great Christmas with the family. We opened gifts, had a great dinner (Thanks mom for cooking amazing, healthy foods!) and even played a game. 







My dad made each of us kids a handmade "Aggravation" board game. It really was a amazing gift and he did awesome on the board. He can make others if anyone is interested! - Lenny Stringer





Now we are taking a break on the Christmas parties and family get togethers and both had to go back to work today! But we will be at it again tomorrow for Christmas eve!

More Christmas things to come :) 








No comments