I end this post....

I start this post a little tired, over worked, under the weather and stressed from life in it's self. But by the time this post is over with I promise I will have a better spirit about me... I just needed this post to let some things out so I can move on and be a little less stressed!

Since our last post we have been doing the same little things we always do, work, school, work, and work a little bit more. 

God has a way of slowing things down though, and bringing family together.

 Last Monday the 7th we lost Cain's Papa, Ken Eskew. We knew that he wouldn't be on this earth much longer due to health problems... but you never really can imagine what that will be like when someone you love, is gone. 

I am so thankful that I got to meet Papa in 2012 while Cain and I were just dating. He was so kind and I knew right away why Cain had always looked up to him. After spending a couple of days in TN with him we had to say goodbye and when we did he said to me  "Well, you're smart, kind and well built"

 A little thrown back at first I laughed, then realized how happy I was that he seemed to like me. 


We visited every summer after that one, together and it really was the best time for us. Our last visit in May this year there was a little bit of a sadness leaving, not knowing how much more time we had with him on this earth. And that fear did come true last Monday when Cain got the call. 


Trying to be strong for Cain was harder then I thought it would be. Seeing him upset and hurt is something I'd rather not see at all! I'm used to the always smiling Cain. Once we were with family though things started to get easier. We were able to share stories and catch up and that helps with the sadness. 

I'm so thankful for the time spent in TN for Papa's Funeral. It was stressful, very tense with a lot of hurting people and history of things that go back before I was every in the family! Being the in law is a hard task! You don' know half the people and you're just there to be a support but sometimes you feel al little lost on what to do other then be there for a ear to listen :)


Cain really shines in TN. I think some of his happiest memories are with his family there. The slow pace hunting life is where Cain lights up, which is why I've always loved it there. Enjoy these next few (Lots!) of photos that I took while we were with family last week ...





















































Coming home after a short notice trip like that though is hard because life is waiting for you when you get back home and then you feel like you can't catch a break! 

My immune system was low from not eating what I've used too and lack of lots of sleep! I caught a little bug because of that and has since been trying to rebuild my immune system back up and where I left it! 

Yesterday was a hard day for work, my body was still trying to get better and my mind had to be in full gear mode. Once I was home though there was a clean house, oils defusing (Love me some Young Living Oils) and Cain doing dishes. My heart did a little *Sigh ... Cain stopped and said, I'm getting a bath started of you, go relax.  

It's amazing to me how the role of care giver, shoulder to cry on or "The rock"  in a marriage reverse back and forth sometimes daily. We both need each other in different ways everyday. Last week I tried to be "The rock" (I probably failed horribly) and this week it's back to Cain comforting me after a long day. 


I end this post extremely thankful, smiling at Nova cuddling next to me, ready to take on what life has ..  but remember ... That doesn't have to be today. Everyday I want to work a little harder, go a little further ... but today, I'm staying right where I'm at ... and not going to feel bad for it :) 






No comments