Plan-a-header and first thanksgiving treat!



I'm a plan-a-header.

Someone who plans way in advance for no reason but to just have it planned out.

So Sunday night I decided to plan our Spring Break trip! (That's just 4 months in advance, not so bad!)

I was cleaning up the dinning room and took a glance at our new wooden map. Just a few days ago I filled in the places we have been together and though we have been a couple places together,  I knew I wanted to go more places! So as I stood there staring at this map I got to thinking when the right time would be for our next trip as husband and wife and where that would be...

I knew from past talks that Cain would love to make a trip to Washington DC to see all the memorials and to visit the White House. Although I have been there with my family I would love to go back because I don't remember it all and there were things we didn't see in our trip there I'm sure.

But ...I really would love to go to New York and visit Times Square. So why not put both on the "Places to go" list I thought!

I sat down and started planning!

Once Cain made it home I had it all sorted out and gave him the ideas and he loved it :)

So I think we've found our next road trip! For those who know me, know I love saving for things. If I don't have something in mind that I want to save for, I will spend money randomly. I have to have a goal, a set thing to save for. Now that I have something else to save for it makes me really excited for the trip to be here!


Right now I have been saving for Cain's new big TV ! Every penny has been set aside and put into his TV fund. I've never seen someone so excited about a larger screen. It must be a guy thing? Haha

Thanksgiving is coming, but not soon enough! I can't wait to spend it with family and some good quality food!

But before Thanksgiving is here and before Cain goes into battle for his larger screen, we have to get through the next couple of days of work and school.

Let's just say I'm truly thankful for this Thanksgiving break. We need some relaxing and family time!



I will be posting our thanksgiving meals after this holiday is over!

Last year I believe my goal was to stay grain free and of course only eat real food for thanksgiving! But I love to set new goals so this year I will be grain free, along with eating all whole foods and going to stick with only a little organic honey and maple syrup! (Meaning no other type of sugar!)

This is huge for me! I have been without any sugar (Unless coming from little starch such as a sweet potato) for almost 3 months now!

So organic honey and maple syrup is a special treat that I will enjoy with my pumpkin pie this year!

But that will be it! Everything else will be real organic food with no processed crap!

Here is a peek into something yummy I will be eating for thanksgiving! I just made these today and yes I did taste test :p These came from Healthful Pursuit! She is crazy good at what she does. These are called "Sugar-Free Coconut Almond Bark"

Check out this recipe and more HERE !





No comments