Graci is growing up

These days and nights mean the world to me. Even the littlest time with Graci brings the biggest warmth to my heart. 

I love that she asks to bake something every time we are at my parents home or my home. "What do you have to make?" she will ask. I try to always have muffins, cake or cookie ingredients on hand because I know she will ask. Tonight we were debating on what to cook for supper. She said "You wanna make pancakes!?" Well sure I thought. We called Cain to see if that sounded good to him. She then said to me while I was on the phone "Wait, are we going to fix a pan or are we making a cake? hehe.... you get it? Pan-Cake?!" I love all her witty jokes. 

Graci wants to pour, measure, stir and crack those eggs. Since she was very little I have always loved to let her dig in to the mess. Even if the measurement might be little off, or if she drops the egg shell into the mix. "You're the best cook Graci, I swear" I say. Because her imperfection is perfect to me. I just help her get that egg shell out of the bowl and we move on like nothing is wrong. I wish I had her confidence. 

Graci is growing up, fast. 

My eyes start swelling up when I think about how big she is getting. Not just in size but everything. She is counting to 9 in spanish, where did she learn this?! Her friend is calling her on my phone chatting about Elf on the shelf and they are giggling over how funny it is. She knows how to spell anything I ask and loves to show off her what she knows. I love this. I want her to stay confident.   

Graci - "I know how to spell Cain's name" Me- "okay, go for it" Graci- "C" "A" "I" "N". Me- "Very good" Graci- giggling* I was reading it off his work badge,  hahah but I knew how to spell it anyways!"

Graci is growing up, and I love who she is. 

Dear Graci, 

Never change. Don't fit in, stand out like you always have. Be sure of yourself, because everyone around you is sure of who you are already. Brave, funny, caring, rotten, confident and independent. Don't stop baking, crafting and playing ...  do everything you love to do and never settle for less. And remember you are loved by countless people who see everything I see in you. 

Your friend,

Lanette 












1 comment